BANNED

Re: 25-05-10 Nudie mags

Post by Bear »

Yay for nudie mags! :-bd lol

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Don Alexander wrote:I assume Zii's shirt has nothing to do with the sloan foundation? :-?
I had to look up what the heck the Sloan foundation was (oddly enough, apparently they're responsible for a cartoon I remember quite clearly), but I immediately knew Zii's shirt. Must be a Canadian/American thing.

On the other hand, Sloan's not a band I'd have assumed Zii'd be into.

Man, in 2001, The Other Man was everywhere....
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

AlunaSama

Post by AlunaSama »

This is random but the last panel reminded me of this for some reason: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CEbcZC_ ... re=related

Sorry, I had to share <3 Great strip overall, Poor Gary though ;;

SailorDh

Post by SailorDh »

Gary made the buttmonkey again what a shock.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Maybe his nipple phobia is related to this video. :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-YS71CtZ_Bs

IS_Wolf

Post by IS_Wolf »

Weltall84 wrote:
Gary leave that house, leave it, leave the city and never look back.
Kicking them both out would probably be better. And have Didi invite Sandra over as the other roomie, just so she can keep a better eye on her. What with the alcohol problems. Leave Sandra and Gary alone long enough and something might blossom between those two crazy kids, considering their temperaments.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

considering how kinky drunksandra is, that would probably be a very traumatic experience for poor gary.
Yet still, I live...

IS_Wolf

Post by IS_Wolf »

'J' wrote:considering how kinky drunksandra is, that would probably be a very traumatic experience for poor gary.
Yeah, but the thing is, as mentioned before. She only gets drunk when experiencing negative emotions.
Gary shouldn't engender any of those, considering how non-threatening he is.

And considering how thoughtful he was with Yuki.. Well, stuff like that ought to help mellow Sandra out as well.
Plus, Gary is the type to turn her down, if she were to be drunk. No different from the Jeremy (whom he resembles) and Bones situation over at Cool Cat Studio back in the day.

And Bones has Didi like strength, so that's saying something, when you as a fairly bookish guy, turn down a drunk girl who bounces at the local clubs and does so successfully, and is also studying to be a cop (from what I recall) as well.

Kiggy

Post by Kiggy »

IS_Wolf wrote:
Weltall84 wrote:
Gary leave that house, leave it, leave the city and never look back.
Kicking them both out would probably be better. And have Didi invite Sandra over as the other roomie, just so she can keep a better eye on her. What with the alcohol problems. Leave Sandra and Gary alone long enough and something might blossom between those two crazy kids, considering their temperaments.
I like the way you think. :-?

Say, what city is this again? Montreal? :-\
A Jersey Devil, a Mothman, and a Chupacabra walk into a bar. . .

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Yep, Montreal. One of the few cities in the world where such a variety of crazy mixed-up relationships are actually considered normal!

I love this city! :x

ladyicondraco

Post by ladyicondraco »

*disappointed that Gary's nipple sucking was done off camera*

The posts about Sandra and Gary really came out of left field for me, but I have to agree, they might be good for each other. Gary probably wouldn't cause drunk!Sandra, and sober!Sandra would probably be really understanding with Gary and his inexperience.

K.Kuranes

Post by K.Kuranes »

While I think the Sandra/Gary match up might work, he'd probably have a lot more cut out for him than just not making her negitave side come out. With the way Sandra's been taking to the bottle, I think she would find a reason to get drunk, even if things were going well. Not to say it wouldn't be worth Gary's effort if he took the challenge seriously. Hopefully someone will dry Sandra out eventually. Alcoholism is a nasty experience.
In a dream it was also that he came by his name of Kuranes, for when awake he was called by another name.

Monmaker

Post by Monmaker »

Lol, panel 4 made me think of these lines xD
What day is it?
October?
ITS NUDIE MAGAZINE DAY! xD

brnleague99
Location: Carrollton, Georgia (Otherwise Known As Downtown Hell)

Post by brnleague99 »

'J' wrote:yuki is psychotic
Fixed.
Anti-Yuki till the grave claims me...

Kid Kool (1988) for the Nintendo Entertainment System is GROSSLY underrated. Sure the concept could've been presented a little better, but it doesn't deserve the hate it gets in some circles.

RoninAngel

Post by RoninAngel »

I don't know. Someone who has a drinking problem like Sandra is probably not the best for someone who is as new and emotionally impressionable as Gary. He could end up really damaged after a few times of her drinking too much and forgetting important events, becoming a completely different person while drunk, ect. ect. After her, he could approach all relationships as "someone to save". Not saying that Sandra doesn't deserve a partner, just that I think one that was a little more world weary and tough (or callous/oblivious like Matt) would be a better match for her.

In fact, come to think of it, I might say that any other character in the strip might be a better match Zii would be better because neither of them would have any delusions that it'd go anywhere. Didi would be fine as their temperaments are actually pretty similar, and if Didi could learn to be a little more aggressive and Gary to be less flustered by her looks, they'd do great. Yuki would be good for Gary for a lot of the same reasons that Zii would, because an aggressive, slightly more knowledgeable female, could teach Gary the finer points of dealing with women and do a lot to get him up to speed (add to that the fact they actually have comic books in common...) the penis phobia thing would be an issue, obviously, but as long as they treated it as the sensitive issue it is, no big deal. Even Dillon would be a great pair, because he's such a romantic sweetie pie. Sure he's got a penis, but hey, nobody's perfect.
"LIFE is dangerous, Sandi! EMBRACE LIFE!"
Faith Abbot, to Sandi on Magic Chicks.