30-09-08 You heard the tiny angel

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Bear
BANNED

Re: 30-09-08 Bondage angel

Post by Bear »

Seriously Turtle... your overanalysing this, over reacting and taking it completely out of context. Its a comic and its meant to be funny which is it, stop being such a buzzkill.

In the context of the comic and the situation, its funny. Its not like anyone is trying to rape anyone or feel up anyones bits against their will. They're just acting out like a bunch of friends would. If you can call this sexual assault, I'd hate to see what you'd call a guy holding open a door for someone, or a woman hugging another woman she'd just met.

ShadowRaven

Post by ShadowRaven »

SaBomJon wrote:Hmmmm....I could think of at least 100 different things Gary could do in that position, 1/2 of them would hurt, the other 1/2 could kill...either way, very entertaining. :twisted:
really? I can only think of about a half dozen, not includeing variants on the same basic idea.

Gil Hamilton

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Bear wrote:Seriously Turtle... your overanalysing this, over reacting and taking it completely out of context. Its a comic and its meant to be funny which is it, stop being such a buzzkill.

In the context of the comic and the situation, its funny. Its not like anyone is trying to rape anyone or feel up anyones bits against their will. They're just acting out like a bunch of friends would. If you can call this sexual assault, I'd hate to see what you'd call a guy holding open a door for someone, or a woman hugging another woman she'd just met.
Actually, Turtle is correct. Were Gary to press the issue, it would absolutely considered sexual assault as read in the law. Holding open a door for someone isn't "unwanted physical contact" (due to the lack of contact) and two women hugging isn't either (due to the fact that it's wanted). Right now, legally, what's going on is straddling the line between sexual harassment (which it has LONG since past) and sexual assault.

After all, if a man was straddling an unwilling woman and attempt to tear her shirt off, it would CERTAINLY be sexual assault. So Turtle is right on that count. What it is dependent on is Gary. Right now, as far as I'm concerned, it is perfectly in the right for him to deck Dillon. In his place, I know I would. If he is fine with it, then its playing. In context, Gary probably is ultimately OK with it, however, trying to come down on the people saying this is assault is invalid, because by any reasonable definition of sexual assault, it surely is.

Sination

Post by Sination »

Whats so entertaining about Sexual Assault? :shock:
The real question is, what's NOT entertaining about sexual assault?

ShadowRaven

Post by ShadowRaven »

Gil, While you are correct. The fact remains, that this is a) a comic. Fiction as opposed to reality. A gag. b) these are friends.I don't quite think as friends, they have crossed the line from roughhouseing and play to sexual. Sure Zii is being somewhat sexual in this, but at this particular point she is not the one in the unwanted physical contact, now is she?

Turtle. I think one mature adult to another, that if you find such as this offensive enough to make comment, that perhaps you might wish to find a different comic to read. Even if you have found aspects of MA3 funny up to recent points. Something I think it is safe to assume seeing as you signed up for the forum, there may well be more ahead that you find offending. I do not think it is entirely fair to yourselfto continue reading something that offends or disturbs you.

Smurgleburf

Post by Smurgleburf »

Blaize77 wrote: That's not really the exact same thing, though. Two girls wrestling, half-naked and covered in lotion, is hot! Who wants to see two guys going at each other? And don't say 'girls', first of all, most normal girls don't like two men together, they get jealous & they're not visually stimulated like us guys are. And second of all, this comic isn't for girls anyway. The base is for guys who like hot girls! Not saying girls can't enjoy it anyway, just saying the point of this comic is not to pander to a tiny minority of female perverts...

...it's to pander to a large majority of male perverts!

besides, girls are supposed to be the "mature", "sensible" ones. They're job is to tame guys. How can they do that if they're being perverts like us? It's their job to be moral and uplifting for us, because we can't do it for ourselves. I know that sounds like I'm bashing guys but I'm really not, it's just our natures. I do hold girls to a higher moral standard because they know better, and so I think it's worse when they misbehave than when a guy does. We guys don't always realize we're doing something wrong.

That all being said, while I do agree with the person who called this sexual assault, I think the aggressor is Dillon, not Zii. Zii is an accomplice if anything.
...are you serious?

Soooo many women think gay guys are hot. Of course you don't, because you're speaking from a heterosexual male perspective, but why do you think yaoi exists? Most yaoi fans are, in fact, girls.

And you may just be trolling with the second bit, but for every immature, perverted male there's an immature, perverted female. Women can be just as immature/sexual as guys.

Stop putting the pussy on a pedestal, man D:

That said, this comic is awesome and yay for gay sex.

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

Turtle21 wrote:
Whats so entertaining about Sexual Assault? :shock:
Slapstick comedy doesn't become less entertaining when it includes a prurient element.

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

Kamino Neko wrote:
Pfhreak wrote:
Turtle21 wrote:Whats so entertaining about Sexual Assault? :shock:
How is this sexual assault?
Oh, goddess, not this thread again...

I'm wondering if there was ever one like this on CCS...
There was a few on what constitutes sexual harassment on P&A. I had the rather unpopular notion that spreading slander that someone was a rapist was a form of sexual harassment under U.S. law, and some people expressed some heart-felt views to the contrary.

As for this being sexual assault... sure. But then again I've also seen waterboarding used for humor value, that doesn't make it any less wrong nor does the wrongness make it any less funny. (Speaking of waterboarding for humorous intent, while Sirkowski is a prig personally, Miss Dynamite is really funny.)
Further affiant sayeth not.

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Pneumonica wrote:There was a few on what constitutes sexual harassment on P&A.
Oh, I know, that's why I automatically groaned when it started here, and wondered if CCS has managed one - and since apparently they did, this one is just finishing the cycle... <_<
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Kevin

Post by Kevin »

The tiny bondage angel is always getting me into trouble.

Stoopid tiny bondage angel.
If you would be interested in a funny fantasy adventure webcomic, read Heroes of Lesser Earth now, before it becomes cool and everyone starts doing it!

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Some people really take this comic too seriously... Its fiction, its made up, and they're friends! Obviously the people complaining have never heard of slapstick... For the matter of this being sexual assult... where were these people shouting this out when Zii was grabbing DiDi's boobs, or the calls of illegal voyourism when Zii was taking picturs of DiDi in the shower against her knowledge, or assult and GBH when Zii decks Junghan, or even the calls of sexual assault when Gary ripped of Zii's shirt a few strips back?

What makes it suddenly so different that we only just now get these calls? Seriously some people need to stop over-reacting and taking things completely out of the context they are presented in just to try and cause trouble.

DMoness

Post by DMoness »

Well said all. This happened a few comics back already. Like everyone said this is only a comic , you read it to laugh(makes me laugh every time i read it).
Btw girls/women can be much more perverted then man. Oh and where is my bondage angel :o

Pfhreak

Post by Pfhreak »

Gil Hamilton wrote:After all, if a man was straddling an unwilling woman and attempt to tear her shirt off, it would CERTAINLY be sexual assault.
1. Our society has no taboo against shirtless males, but does against topless females. No public humiliation for breaking public decency norms, as would be the case in the event of forcefully removing a woman's shirt.

2. The assumption with the man doing it to the woman is that it's not going to stop at clothing removal. In this case, we already know all Zii wants is some exposed skin.

3. In either scenario, the woman is most likely at a size, strength, and probably ferocity disadvantage, which makes it much less likely she can get out of being restrained by a male than the male can get out of being restrained by a female.
Gil Hamilton wrote:What it is dependent on is Gary. Right now, as far as I'm concerned, it is perfectly in the right for him to deck Dillon. In his place, I know I would.
Nobody's arguing that, quite the opposite.
Gil Hamilton wrote:If he is fine with it, then its playing. In context, Gary probably is ultimately OK with it, however, trying to come down on the people saying this is assault is invalid, because by any reasonable definition of sexual assault, it surely is.
Except, if Gary is OK with it — which you've admitted is the most likely — it's not assault, because it's not unwanted.
The wall of separation between church and state is a good start, but let's put in a minefield, too.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Smurgleburf wrote:...are you serious?

Soooo many women think gay guys are hot. Of course you don't, because you're speaking from a heterosexual male perspective, but why do you think yaoi exists? Most yaoi fans are, in fact, girls.

And you may just be trolling with the second bit, but for every immature, perverted male there's an immature, perverted female. Women can be just as immature/sexual as guys.

Stop putting the pussy on a pedestal, man D:

That said, this comic is awesome and yay for gay sex.
Must agree. Out of the people I know, the immature, perverted, sexually-oriented females outnumber their male counterparts at a ratio of at least 2:1. I'm not sure how "normal" my friends are, when compared to other cliques, but for the most part, they (male and female) are super-sexual and obscene to a hilarious degree. Makes for amazing conversations, which include way too many TMI moments.
Pfhreak wrote:Except, if Gary is OK with it — which you've admitted is the most likely — it's not assault, because it's not unwanted.
Actually, it would still be assault, because he hasn't given his consent. Until he does that, it's assault.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Gil Hamilton

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Pfhreak wrote:1. Our society has no taboo against shirtless males, but does against topless females. No public humiliation for breaking public decency norms, as would be the case in the event of forcefully removing a woman's shirt.
Not actually true. In a case of someone forcing another person down and attempting to pull of their clothes, the law doesn't mention gender.
2. The assumption with the man doing it to the woman is that it's not going to stop at clothing removal. In this case, we already know all Zii wants is some exposed skin.
With the way sexual assault and harassment laws are written, this is actually irrelevant. The fact is that it IS in a sexual context and is forcible.
3. In either scenario, the woman is most likely at a size, strength, and probably ferocity disadvantage, which makes it much less likely she can get out of being restrained by a male than the male can get out of being restrained by a female.
Not the case here. If anything Gary is at a disadvantage with both Dillon and Zii.
Nobody's arguing that, quite the opposite.
If violence in self-defense is justified, and no one is contesting that, then clearly something wrong is happening, wouldn't you think?
Except, if Gary is OK with it — which you've admitted is the most likely — it's not assault, because it's not unwanted.
He probably isn't OK with it, but he's probably not going to press the issue. It is clearly unwanted physical contact of a sexual nature. What I'm arguing is that if the issue was pressed, it would certainly be deemed sexual harassment AT MINIMUM legally. That's why all the people flipping out and saying "It's not sexual assault! It's comedy!" probably should cork themselves, because they don't have a leg to stand on. People like the comic, so they automatically come to its defense, even when the criticism against it is factually correct.

In my opinion, it should be framed within the context of a comic, and while Zii is clearly an obnoxious human being and Dillon probably could stand to be slugged, physical comedy is what it is. However, people who would say "that's sexual assault!" aren't wrong and those coming out of the wood work to piss and moan at them for being buzzkills can't really talk.