21-03-15 Just in mutual therapy

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Re: 21-03-15 Just in mutual therapy

Post by Artemisia »

He's in denial that he needs to hire Ruby :p
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

:)) Good grief, talk about denial. These two as a couple (seriously they are a couple) have grown on me. If their "mutual therapy" survives the encounter with Peggy and Gary then I think they will stay together until the end of the comic.

Side note: Matt and Keily remind me a bit of Ally and Lisa from Sunstone, in the whole "we are not a couple" part.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

aeridus

Post by aeridus »

"Let's stop by the market to pick up a couple... for a practice foursome."

wi1dfire

Post by wi1dfire »

TheEighth wrote:A. I think he'd miss sex with men too much and eventually cave in like Zii did
2. It's only a matter of time before his thirst for danger will push him to cheat again.
Just as info, please don't assume that the reason someone cheats is that they miss sex with a certain gender too much to resist. That is deeply annoying stereotype that bisexuals (and I assume pansexuals) have to deal with, the assumption that a bisexual's attraction to more than one gender will eventually drive them to act on that attraction.

Your second point is MUCH more well founded. Matt fools around. He did it to Dillon, and to Sandra, and if he ever let himself think he was dating Kiley, I wouldn't be surprised if he was cheating on her within hours.
Spidrift wrote:He didn't really have deep feelings for Dillon or Sandra (evidence goes back to strip #2, panel 2), so betraying them wasn't hard for him, but now he may be getting into deeper water than he ever really allowed himself to understand.
I'm a little confused on how that panel is evidence to your theory. Mind, I don't think you're wrong, but I just don't see how that particular panel is supportive of it. Is it because Matt was hesitant and demure, while Dillon was effusive? Wouldn't that just be reflective of their personalities, rather than feelings? Outside of sex, I don't think Matt really gets effusive about much.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

normally I say bisexual does not mean one wants sex WITH BOTH GENDERS, it means they find it easy to fall in love with either gender, and lot of bi people when they fall in love, choose to go monogamous from that point on

but we adding someone prone to find someone on the side

WHEN WE HAVE BOTH at the same time( or being bi and loving swinging lifestyle) we get into the "want both genders regularly" ground

I think Matt is 2 to 4 in Kinsey scale

while Zii looks more like 4 or 5; thus for her it could be easier to be faithful to a girl, but found it harder being faithful to Eric, but her best choice is being someone who wants open relationship

and Dill is pretty much 6 but from time to time is willing to do things with girls as long as it is not being top
ImageImage

Badman!

Post by Badman! »

Aaaw this is both adorable, funny, and tragic !

I shipped so hard Kiley and Gary. It will hurt so bad Gary... aaand yet, Kiley and Matt have this spark togheter in this strip...

Yeah, love affair can't end well...

Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot

Post by Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot »

wi1dfire wrote:Matt fools around. He did it to Dillon, and to Sandra, and if he ever let himself think he was dating Kiley, I wouldn't be surprised if he was cheating on her within hours.
Oddly enough, the only thing keeping them together as a couple is Matt's firm insistence that they are NOT a couple.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

now that I think about it ................ as long as they are "not a couple", the less likely that Kiley would feel the right to be mad at seeing Matt with Peggy as their time together was in Matt's mind more about him getting satisfaction

Kiley/Didi is different since Didi in Kiley's mind is a therapy patient so is about Didi
ImageImage

IONDragonX

Post by IONDragonX »

I hat5e you Matt sooo much.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

After being reminded about the Soul Patch of Sleaziness, I am not so sure Matt thinks of himself as being a "couple" with Kiley. What he said could be interpreted as more of a "oh by the way, get some stuff that I need" and have Kiley go fetch for him. He's proved it time after time that he's in it for the self-gratification. Subconsciously (or consciously even) he could be taking advantage of Kiley, who (almost always) is feeling vulnerable/insecure. I don't think that Matt would normally give Kiley the time of day if he saw her walking down the street, if it weren't for their 'sessions' and her advice. The man really does think with his lower head, and derives an immense amount of his self-worth based on his libido. I hope he doesn't dump on Kiley, but I am reminded of the parable of the scorpion and the frog http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scorpion_and_the_Frog.
the funny thing is that these two have the most healthy relationship in the comic, by a long margin
Gary and Lita? (just kidding)
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

wi1dfire wrote:
Spidrift wrote:He didn't really have deep feelings for Dillon or Sandra (evidence goes back to strip #2, panel 2), so betraying them wasn't hard for him, but now he may be getting into deeper water than he ever really allowed himself to understand.
I'm a little confused on how that panel is evidence to your theory. Mind, I don't think you're wrong, but I just don't see how that particular panel is supportive of it. Is it because Matt was hesitant and demure, while Dillon was effusive? Wouldn't that just be reflective of their personalities, rather than feelings? Outside of sex, I don't think Matt really gets effusive about much.
I'm probably reading far too much into that scene, and even if I'm right the evidence is only visible with hindsight, but I think there's a hint of desperation in Matt's expression in that strip. Kind of "The sex is really great, but turn down the camp a bit, why don't you?"...

Certainly, Matt being rather reserved is part of it. Though that means that quite small things may be significant with him. His "I like spending time with you" to Kiley in this latest strip would be trivial from many characters, but from him, it looks quite heartfelt. It's not the kind of thing he ever said to Dillon.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Artemisia wrote:Oh Kiley...Matt....you're a couple.
A couple of what? ;)

And two bottles of laundry detergent? For what? Tide therapy?

Continuity

Post by Continuity »

I was going to go with Pierot, Pierrette, Columbine, and Harlequin. And, I said Matt was Harlequin.

But now I think they are better off with Larry, Moe, Curly, and Shemp. This can only end in pain.

TheEighth

Post by TheEighth »

I was hoping that this would end in humiliation for Matt(Seriously, dude needs to get over himself)

But seeing what he's developing with Kiley..I wonder if this won't end in humiliation for him....but in heartbreak. Personally, I think that would probably do him some good too. To learn just what it feels like, just what his cheating did to Dillon and Sandra. I wonder....
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

wi1dfire wrote:Just as info, please don't assume that the reason someone cheats is that they miss sex with a certain gender too much to resist. That is deeply annoying stereotype that bisexuals (and I assume pansexuals) have to deal with, the assumption that a bisexual's attraction to more than one gender will eventually drive them to act on that attraction.
If the bisexuals we're talking about are Zii and Matt, though...?

Anyway, "we're" out of bread, milk, and laundry detergent? They live together? I didn't remember that...