16-05-18 Why would I even think that

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

samtheman
Posts: 499
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:59 pm

Re: 16-05-18 Why would I even think that

Post by samtheman » Wed May 16, 2018 4:09 pm

I'm now thinking there's going to be an interruption of some kind and the Gary/Zii situation will be in limbo until the very end of the comic. I'm still wondering how the writers are going to shoehorn the wrap-up arc for SDB into Ma3 and still have it make sense.

corwinargentus
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:25 pm

Re: 16-05-18 Why would I even think that

Post by corwinargentus » Wed May 16, 2018 4:18 pm

TheFoolishOne wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:30 am
OMG, Talking, Character Development, Dramatic Moments, where is my comic with nude bodies :D ?
They don’t allow fan service any more, at least not without editing/censoring *sniff*. And it could be that as someone else pointed out, these two are actually going to talk about important stuff before diving into bed headfirst - I know Gary is in no hurry and wants to do it right, no matter what happens between him and a partner. He’s tired of casual, meaningless sex (I know, that’s why lot’s of people started reading this webcomic, myelf included, but somehow I got into the story and the characters, so riding it out).

User avatar
Quinlan1973
Posts: 269
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:41 pm

Re: 16-05-18 Why would I even think that

Post by Quinlan1973 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:51 pm

Yes, Zii. You are uncomfortable. Uncomfortable with being forced to acknowledge the awkward truth.

User avatar
Error of Logic
Posts: 5694
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: 16-05-18 Why would I even think that

Post by Error of Logic » Wed May 16, 2018 4:56 pm

Suck it up, Ms. Nielsen, and stay right where you are.
It's time for a talk.

User avatar
Spidrift
Posts: 12696
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Re: 16-05-18 Why would I even think that

Post by Spidrift » Wed May 16, 2018 5:15 pm

samtheman wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 4:09 pm
I'm still wondering how the writers are going to shoehorn the wrap-up arc for SDB into Ma3 and still have it make sense.
I'm not sure that it'll be integrated with the main Ma3 storyline, though it'd be far cooler if it was. I suspect that we'll get a few days/weeks of, effectively, pure SDB strips with a banner at the top saying "Special Crossover" or suchlike.

If that.
corwinargentus wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 4:18 pm
They don’t allow fan service any more, at least not without editing/censoring *sniff*.
The irony being that what we get is, increasingly obviously, blatant fanservice with barely enough censor steam/suds/tactically positioned elbows to excuse not drawing nipples in -- so Giz can spend ten minutes drawing little concentric circles onto the same art for the print volume.
corwinargentus wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 4:18 pm
I know Gary is in no hurry and wants to do it right, no matter what happens between him and a partner. He’s tired of casual, meaningless sex (I know, that’s why lot’s of people started reading this webcomic, myelf included, but somehow I got into the story and the characters, so riding it out).
Full credit -- after years of a comic in which characters had casual, meaningless sex and cheerfully enjoyed it, we now have a solid reason why a character might take against the idea. Previously, sure, characters were using each other as objects, but it was mutually pleasurable, so nobody had cause to object. Gary, though, knows very loud and clear that he's being used, because it's for his one party trick, and that's got to be a bit wearing, even if he is sometime repaid with orgasms of his own. His night with DiDi was kind of the epitome of this.

Which suggests that, if he ends up in bed with Zii, it might be best if she could refrain from asking to try the fabled swirly for a little while, and he could politely not offer. No harm in them giving each other the best physical experience, but it shouldn't seem like it's all they're after.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

User avatar
ThePonyGuy
Posts: 253
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:11 am

Re: 16-05-18 Why would I even think that

Post by ThePonyGuy » Wed May 16, 2018 5:25 pm

Image

dewelar
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 4:37 pm

Re: 16-05-18 Why would I even think that

Post by dewelar » Wed May 16, 2018 7:51 pm

worldshaking00 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:00 pm
...Gary could take it as truly her discomfort at being on his romance radar.
This is exactly what I expect to happen -- Gary starts to walk away, saying he should just leave her alone before making things worse, and Zii starts to reach out to stop him but doesn't -- either because she can't bring herself to do it, or because whatever interruption is impending arrives. This leaves Gary to continue thinking that Zii is unattainable, at least for a couple dozen more strips.

User avatar
rogermart
Posts: 526
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:04 pm

Re: 16-05-18 Why would I even think that

Post by rogermart » Wed May 16, 2018 8:15 pm

It would be great that tomorrow's strip has this plot: Someone walks in Gary's apartment and founds Zii pegging Gary...

Why tomorrow? because tomorrow is the 10th anniversary of Ma3's very first strip, and it would be an amazing homage...

But probably it won't happen...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Zellgato
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:47 pm

Re: 16-05-18 Why would I even think that

Post by Zellgato » Wed May 16, 2018 8:24 pm

Uncomfortably turned on maybe.

User avatar
cheshire86
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:35 am

Re: 16-05-18 Why would I even think that

Post by cheshire86 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:42 pm

samtheman wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 4:09 pm
I'm still wondering how the writers are going to shoehorn the wrap-up arc for SDB into Ma3 and still have it make sense.
Panel 1: Gary steps out of the shower, toweling off, looking at Dillon in bed. "I just had the strangest dream," says Gary.
Panel 2: Matt walks out of the shower, toweling off as well. "Yeah, me too... what's a Kiley?"
Panel 3: Dillon smirks. "Let's go break another drafting table, guys!"

End scene! :D

Kidding aside, I trust Dave and Giz to do right by the characters.

User avatar
Dragon Paladin
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:43 am

Re: 16-05-18 Why would I even think that

Post by Dragon Paladin » Thu May 17, 2018 12:18 am

Dillon walks in and sees Gary banging Zii in the exact position that Gary caught Matt and Dillon, therefore making the comic come full circle.
I am Suleviir, Paladin of Iomede, Goddess of Valor. Those who do evil shall fear my blade.

User avatar
DrkChld
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:27 pm

Re: 16-05-18 Why would I even think that

Post by DrkChld » Thu May 17, 2018 2:13 am

I'll play the trifecta:
Didi to win
Dillon to place
Senna to show

User avatar
brasca
Posts: 3444
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 am

Re: 16-05-18 Why would I even think that

Post by brasca » Thu May 17, 2018 4:52 am

rogermart wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 8:15 pm
It would be great that tomorrow's strip has this plot: Someone walks in Gary's apartment and founds Zii pegging Gary...

Why tomorrow? because tomorrow is the 10th anniversary of Ma3's very first strip, and it would be an amazing homage...

But probably it won't happen...
That would be cool, but I think Zii is more curious if the swirly-go-round lives up to the hype. And while she certainly has a lot of experience I don't know if she's all that proficient in the use of a strap on or has one. I'm not sure what the etiquette is in borrowing one from Peggy, but I think she'd have to be there to agree.

User avatar
Opus the Poet
Posts: 729
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:42 am
Location: The Beautiful Suburbs of Hell, USA
Contact:

Re: 16-05-18 Why would I even think that

Post by Opus the Poet » Thu May 17, 2018 6:58 am

Jackass Mask wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:13 am
I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Something is about to happen to interrupt this. Taking all bets!

Will it be Didi returning home suddenly? Dillon appearing from the aether to remind us he exists? An asteroid hitting the planet?

Put your money down. I'm giving long odds that they actually get to fuck.

Asteroid destroys city of Montreal.
The End :-H
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

User avatar
Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Posts: 27850
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:26 am
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: 16-05-18 Why would I even think that

Post by Don Alexander » Thu May 17, 2018 3:20 pm

Spidrift wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:52 am
shagging like polymorphous bunnies
Image
Polymorphous bunnies, you say? :-?

Did you maybe mean polyamorous?
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Post Reply