27-04-17 Need to get some sleep

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Re: 27-04-17 Need to get some sleep

Post by BlairFan »

I'm not worried about Zii. I trust Lita to take good care of her. ;)

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

Milnoc wrote:
Spidrift wrote:So all this time, the real true love in this comic has been in plain view, and we've all missed it.
Wasn't missed by those who bought the Deluxe Edition of Volume 3. ;)
IMG_20170427_090507~2.jpg
haha thats awesome! :D wish i had gotten it...>->

Meh...if Lita got outside, she could be hit by a car. Zii is a rock star, attractive, and (from the roommates view) has no shortage of people she's been with around. I'd be worried about Lita more too :(

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

The most responsible member of the house is now gone.
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

brasca

Post by brasca »

Now it must be serious if she's taken Lita with her, but is she going to run away from just the apartment or Montreal itself. Her band is starting to get off the ground so that would leave Yuki and Sonya and Jung to some extent.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

It is serious, at least to her. I don't doubt her lust of Didi is so deeply ingrained in her that she hit rock bottom when she ignored her come-on's. Coupled with her confused feelings towards Gary and her own seeming inadequacies of getting laid on her terms whenever she wants, she's in need of blowing off some steam and/or putting her broken pieces back together. I think her action is a bit drastic, but then Zii takes things to extremes at times. I mean, it's not like communication... an honest, open, sit-around-the-table-and-spill-the-beans sort of thing could have happened at breakfast the morning of the strip we're reading now. I mean, *that* would have been more drastic since no one can seem to *talk* to one another in their precinct of Montreal.

But to the comment about Eulice and her money-sense, I agree. I feel she's going to pop up. Maybe even Rob can give them a hint of where she left to.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Dorgengoa
BANNED

Post by Dorgengoa »

I remember a time when I could get through DiDi's dialogue without needing a translator or having to re-read what she said to try and understand from context. Things were so much less annoying.
This is getting out of hand.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

looking for a word close to them in Spanish made it easy for me

Croire = Creer= Believe
Mais = "Hay Mas" = something more
Toute = todo = everything
Partie = Partieron = taken
Son = Su = her
ImageImage

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

True_Avery wrote:The most responsible member of the house is now gone.
She's the most responsible? It was Gary with the job and covering people's rent. The fact that he may suck at relationships does not make him less responsible.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

The sanest person in the house, then.
Probably because she's been neutered.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
She's the most responsible? It was Gary with the job and covering people's rent. The fact that he may suck at relationships does not make him less responsible.
Yet still, I live...

OldBrit

Post by OldBrit »

OllieOrOlly wrote:Rather cruel of Zii to leave so abruptly and not even leaving a note (even a note would be kind of a dick move, but at least it would give her friends some info, rather than none).
Due to Zii's history of impulsive, ill-conceived actions, this latest one isn't beyond belief.
We don't know whether Zii left a note. When Gary went to Paris he left a note, but the housemates didn't find it for ages.

Dorgengoa
BANNED

Post by Dorgengoa »

wiseguy wrote:looking for a word close to them in Spanish made it easy for me

Croire = Creer= Believe
Son = Su = her
That seems handy. I'd apply it myself, but that would require me to learn another language I don't understand just so I can attempt to understand the one causing the problem. It's really not worth the effort, and it's not like I'm super bothered by it. Just kinda annoying to work through, so I tend to assume DiDi's just spouting random gibberish everyone else can understand.
This is getting out of hand.

John Matrix

Post by John Matrix »

Dorgengoa wrote:I remember a time when I could get through DiDi's dialogue without needing a translator or having to re-read what she said to try and understand from context. Things were so much less annoying.
I've always found that irritating. I'm familiar with characters who often pepper their speech with foreign language words, but they go way overboard with Didi.
JoybuzzerX wrote:
Lita. Lita's the most responsible.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Dorgengoa wrote:
wiseguy wrote:looking for a word close to them in Spanish made it easy for me

Croire = Creer= Believe
Son = Su = her
That seems handy. I'd apply it myself, but that would require me to learn another language I don't understand just so I can attempt to understand the one causing the problem. It's really not worth the effort, and it's not like I'm super bothered by it. Just kinda annoying to work through, so I tend to assume DiDi's just spouting random gibberish everyone else can understand.
the Ease sometimes I have with French, Portuguese, Italian and even Romanian ( but less frequent )... you should have it with German, Dutch, Danish, Swedish and others in Northern Europe as lot of common everyday words are pretty much close

Father = Vater
Folk = Volk
mother = mutter
hammer = hammer
shovel = schaufel
house = haus
Warehouse = Warenhaus

and some words "look very different" only because a letter was changed
Daughter = Tochter as many old German Ds became Ts BUT in Swedish (Dotter) and Dutch (Dotcher) is closer to old English term dōhtor that in Middle English(right before Shakespeare's early modern English) became Doughter and Dafter
ImageImage

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

John Matrix wrote:
Dorgengoa wrote:I remember a time when I could get through DiDi's dialogue without needing a translator or having to re-read what she said to try and understand from context. Things were so much less annoying.
I've always found that irritating. I'm familiar with characters who often pepper their speech with foreign language words, but they go way overboard with Didi.
I didn't mind because i did the same with my Spanglish in my 20s (and i know a lot of people who do the same)... Plus, it helps when you speak French...

Now, what i didn't get is why no one told Didi about this (even in Montreal), until Roxie yelled at her "SPEAK ENGLISH!!!" :)) http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/Just_tune_her_out
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...