Getting Physical

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
pytom

Getting Physical

Post by pytom »

I'm somewhat curious as to when we can expect printed copies of the various gomanga books to start showing up in places where I (and by extension others) can buy them. There hasn't been an annoucement on the home page, even though the print date was yesterday.

So what's up?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Blade for Barter Vol. 1 hit comic shops Wednesday and will be in bookstores by Feb. 28. There will be an official announcement at/around that time.

All other dates are posted on the series property pages under "manga" at the top of Gomanga.com.

We're working on a complete list of places, but a few off the big ones are...

Borders
Waldenbooks
Barnes & Noble
Amazon.com
RightStuf.com

pytom

Post by pytom »

Ah. Many places (okay, Amazon) are listing the date as 2/15... So I was beginning to get worried.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

They'll probably list them as such until they get their shipments from the printers. Don't worry, they're on the way! ^_^

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

What concerns me about online shops such as Amazon is they show the publish date of the 15, claim it is still not published at the same time, and show a ship date of about April 20th if you try and "pre-order". You think this will cease to be a problem on all online places once they get it in?

Apologies too asked this somewhere else but I guess the answer as to why it is in none of the bookstores yet is it is too early? I should look again around March 1st?

What do you define as "Comic Shops?" Places that sell hobby stuff and comics or comics only?

Hai

Post by Hai »

I heard Blade for Barter is now available at Meltdown Comics in LA.

Cheers!
HAI!

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

uganimefan02 wrote:What concerns me about online shops such as Amazon is they show the publish date of the 15, claim it is still not published at the same time, and show a ship date of about April 20th if you try and "pre-order". You think this will cease to be a problem on all online places once they get it in?
I actually can't vouch for how Amazon.com lists pre-orders. Once they get their orders from the printers, then they should just list them as being available and the pre-order problem you describe should clear up. I can't be certain though.

Apologies too asked this somewhere else but I guess the answer as to why it is in none of the bookstores yet is it is too early? I should look again around March 1st?
Books must first come from the printers and then go to the store's warehouse. Once there, it is then shipped out to the stores. So, it takes a little longer.

What do you define as "Comic Shops?" Places that sell hobby stuff and comics or comics only?
Any store that uses Diamond Distributors to get their books on a weekly basis (i.e. Wednesday). Generally, these are comic shops like the one Hai mentioned above.

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

Okay, thanks for all that information, I now have a good idea of where to look this weekend.