Last Hope V - "Double Date"

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Last Hope V - "Double Date"

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Narrowly escaping Mister Sturch's divine punishment, Hiro and his new friends pair up and head off to the area's primo teen hangout--the Coffee Bean! Get ready to pull up a chair, grab a cup of Joe and enjoy the friendly atmosphere. <em>The O.C.</em> eat your heart out!

Catch all the hot Coffee Bean action at gomanga.com and then come back here and let us know what you think!
Last edited by Giz on Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sai Rong

Post by Sai Rong »

I never realised Hawaii was such an international place. Some may find this a little corny, but I wish that it was possible to tell that Collen was Irish through her accent. Not necessarily by saying 'Top o'the morning to ya!' to everyone, but with have her talk a little differently from the other characters (like Clover in Blue Monday). I still like her though, und Alvin ist sehr niedlich!

So, will Hiro be taken in by Alvin's family and start to date Ikuko, only to find that she's Alvin's mother's half-sister?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Actually, the problem you see with the toning is due to the Gomanga Viewer. Keep in mind that we have to save images to be both fast loading and to conserve bandwidth since we are such a graphic intensive site. Any boost in quality causes added strain on the server and decreases the need to get the actual books when they are released. As if the extras included in the volumes weren't enough, the added quality is a big plus.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Tsujiai-kun wrote:The quality of the images is fine, but why is grayscale used so often? Like, it's 70% gray capacity in most of the images, and they become blended with the background. The use of white space should be kept into account. But I don't know, maybe it's just my aesthetics that tells me this. =_=;;
Well, most of what you are mentioning is the probably the way the Gomanga Viewer is designed at the moment. The images are JPG files with a watermark and can't be better than the final printed books. We have to layer in a blend, but the blend is actually intentional. It's to mimic the creases of a book's spine and the light at the edges.

That said, there may be plans to shift to a flash based player. But trust me, if the images were saved at full compression and bandwidth wasn't an issue, our php-based viewer would blow away any flash player.

P.S. I had a mod glitch and a portion of your original post got erased. It was the nice part at that. Sorry!