No Man's Land V - "Enter the Rival"

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

No Man's Land V - "Enter the Rival"

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Blood thirsty demons may have brought No Man to New Hades, but he isn't alone. The ungodly nightmares roaming the streets seem to have attracted others looking to mount a few demon heads above the mantel back home. Our resident main man might just be in way over his head this time.

Who is this new rival? The only way to find out is to check out the latest installment in the GoManga Viewer!
Last edited by Giz on Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sai Rong

Post by Sai Rong »

In history class we learned that Thomas Jefferson was a deist. That basically ment that he thought of God as a watch maker and the world as a watch, and that after designing and starting that watch God hasn't intervened in anything, letting the world run on it's own mechanisms. I just wanted to bring this up since it reminds me of No Man's Land. Everything seems so mechanical, like the characters are wind-up dolls just following through with their programming. So far, it's seemed like a everyones just going through the motions: hero shows up in troubled town, talks to the sherif, right away monster shows up, hero takes them out, bad guy shows up, hero takes them out...Maybe if the No Man did more then squint as he went through the checklist it'd be more interesting, but he seems to be about as excited about what's going on as someone out grocery shopping. I hope I don't sound bitter, but I can't believe that something with cowboys and demons (and really cool art) could be so boring. I really liked what I read in the interview with the creators, about how the story started out about a bodyguard of Abe Lincoln who gets framed for the murder. That sounds like a much more interesting story then 'No Man comes to an infested town and cleans it up'. Will the Abe angle still be present in the story? If so, I may have some hope in this series yet. So far however, it's been kind of dry.