Blade for Barter: 2nd Installment

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Sai Rong

Blade for Barter: 2nd Installment

Post by Sai Rong »

Eek, I hope it's okay for me to make a thread here ^_^;;. I thought the second chapter of Blade for Barter should have it's own thread, just so I could say how much I liked it. The frist chapter was very cute and unique, but it's the second chapter that's reeled me in. Before the B4B universe looked crazy/cool, but the second chapter shows that the people in it are pretty insane themselves. I loved the ronin. It flies in the face all samurai lore. I now know what I want to be when I grow-up: A protesting, slogan-chanting ronin. Kudo's to the writer for the funny protest lines (my favorite is the one comparing Bushido to food. Akira Kurosawa's probably rolling in his grave, hopefully from laughter). The visual gags were great too and I had a fun time looking for them.

I'm not really attached to the main character yet, but it's only a few pages in and there's still lots of time for him to grow on me.

Hai

Post by Hai »

Yay! Thanks Sai Rong! The world of Blade for Barter is really one giant kettle of craziness. The ronin are my personal favorite too. They're like a bucket of dime-a-dozen monkeys.

Cheers!
HAI!

Sai Rong

Post by Sai Rong »

Hai wrote:Yay! Thanks Sai Rong! The world of Blade for Barter is really one giant kettle of craziness. The ronin are my personal favorite too. They're like a bucket of dime-a-dozen monkeys.

Cheers!
HAI!
I'd have thought you'd dislike having to draw so many different-looking characters at one time :lol:. It's worth the effort though.