One comment and a question (re e-books).

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Dampflok

One comment and a question (re e-books).

Post by Dampflok »

Hello. I am new here so hope I'm not breaking any rule. If I am I apologise. I have an error to point out and a question.

On the Vampire Cheerleaders pages Volume 1 is advertised but when I click on the link it just reloads the current page. I would have expected it to link to the sales page for Vol. 1.

When I eventually did get to the sales page it gave me the impression that the e-book was only available in two proprietary formats; Kindle and NOOK (which I've never heard of). I have neither of these and download all my e-books in pdf format. However, I cannot see that on the sales page. So my question is, can the e-books be bought as PDF or, if not, is there any way I can buy them to read on my laptop?

BTW, am I, at 68, the oldest person reading these stories? I discovered on-line graphic novels when I retired and thoroughly enjoy them. I am not sure what exactly defines manga (apart from jaws that seem to hit the floor occasionally) but who cares if it entertains.

With best wishes,
Chris.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Re: One comment and a question (re e-books).

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Dampflok wrote:On the Vampire Cheerleaders pages Volume 1 is advertised but when I click on the link it just reloads the current page. I would have expected it to link to the sales page for Vol. 1.
Can you paste a link of the page where you're seeing the error? I'm having a hard time locating which page it could be. @_@

When I eventually did get to the sales page it gave me the impression that the e-book was only available in two proprietary formats; Kindle and NOOK (which I've never heard of). I have neither of these and download all my e-books in pdf format. However, I cannot see that on the sales page. So my question is, can the e-books be bought as PDF or, if not, is there any way I can buy them to read on my laptop?
We currently don't have an option for direct PDF downloads here on the site, but we do have a Google eBook edition of Vampire Cheerleaders which allows for reading on a PC:
http://books.google.com/books?printsec= ... &q&f=false

BTW, am I, at 68, the oldest person reading these stories? I discovered on-line graphic novels when I retired and thoroughly enjoy them. I am not sure what exactly defines manga (apart from jaws that seem to hit the floor occasionally) but who cares if it entertains.
There are probably a couple of people just like you, but they're not very active on forums, so it's hard to say just how many. But I have met a few older manga fans at cons before. So you're not alone!

Dampflok

Post by Dampflok »

Hi Adam.

Thank you for getting back to me, and apologies for the delay in replying; I've just slept through a 3 hour meeting. :o(
Adam Arnold wrote:
Dampflok wrote:On the Vampire Cheerleaders pages Volume 1 is advertised but when I click on the link it just reloads the current page. I would have expected it to link to the sales page for Vol. 1.
Can you paste a link of the page where you're seeing the error? I'm having a hard time locating which page it could be. @_@
There are many pages but, to give you an example At the foot of the latest page ( http://gomanga.com/webmanga/index.php?s ... eerleaders ), you have the following text.

"You need a little "Fang Service" in your life!
"Vampire Cheerleaders Vol. 1 is available now in both print & ebook
"and features two sexy supernatural tales from the mad inventors of Aoi House!"

Clicking on the link (in bold) takes you to http://gomanga.com/webmanga/index.php?s ... rs&page=51 (assuming you are on page 50). Earlier pages seem to just point to themselves.

The actual code is as follows (my highlighting).
<br /><strong>You need a little "Fang Service" in your life!
<br /><a href="">Vampire Cheerleaders Vol. 1</a> is available now in both print & ebook<br />and features two sexy supernatural tales from the mad inventors of <em>Aoi House</em>!</strong>

Hope that helps. (Could be slight inaccuracies there - I am very tired.)
We currently don't have an option for direct PDF downloads here on the site, but we do have a Google eBook edition of Vampire Cheerleaders which allows for reading on a PC:
http://books.google.com/books?printsec= ... &q&f=false
Thank you, I will try that in the morning.
There are probably a couple of people just like you, but they're not very active on forums, so it's hard to say just how many. But I have met a few older manga fans at cons before. So you're not alone!
Whew! Glad I'm not alone. :o)

All the best,
Chris.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Thanks for pointing out the link error. I'll get that fixed for tonight's update.