Amnesia Labyrinth vol.1

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
einhorn303

Amnesia Labyrinth vol.1

Post by einhorn303 »

This was quite different from what the cover made me expect. It has a unique, indie sort of feel; both in the art style and the pacing. Sort of like Sister Princess meets Like a Velvet Glove Cast in Iron. The mysteries of the series are only being introduced, but it's quite intriguing so far.

The art does a lot of interesting little things, like the scene where Souji is playing a board game with his sister, or when Sasai metaphorically reaches through the panel border to keep him on the phone. To me the most memorable part of the volume may be the expression cats looked at the young Youko with.

Sasai is totally my favorite girl from the series. Her cheerfulness plays well against the main character's apathy, and it's cute how she's the only member of the "Intelligence Committee." Though I feel like this story is going to be one in which some secrets are best left unknown. I look forward to when Youko and Sasai cross paths in a blaze of yandere glory.

Some various thoughts:

- From her reaction to Souji's all-boys dorm, I wonder if Sasai has fujoshi tendencies! Also the whole, "Ah...he's gay <3" thing.
- Sasai actually printed up a business card for her made-up club? And it has a web site too?
- I assume when Souji said "Yasogare," he was talking about the doppelganger meaning in the translation notes. Since Youko said "I'm the real Youko now." When Youko's eyes shift so dramatically, it can seem like she's possessed.
- Maybe I'm second-guessing too much, but I can't help but feel that Harumi is less completely innocent than she seems.
- I wonder how Souji can so quickly reason that the murder must be one of those three. I wonder what their motive could be...maybe something related to forcing Souji to return home? The murders and his return home do coincide.
- Hazushi resembles Souji very much. Speaking of doppelgangers, I could imagine Souji's family bloodline has some strange tradition regarding twins.
Avatar: Rico from Gunslinger Girl. Art by Yu Aida (相田 裕).

RJFrazer

Re: Amnesia Labyrinth vol.1

Post by RJFrazer »

I recently gave Amnesia Labyrinth a positive write-up over at UKA: [LINK]