[RAILGUN] Question regarding the translation.

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Re: Question regarding the translation.

Post by Adam_Arnold »

MrTerrorist wrote:So i read that there were some minor translation mistakes(eg. "Star of Tokiwadai" instead of the correct "Ace of Tokiwadai").
When will a 2nd printing with corrections be out?
We have to sell out of the current printing before there is a new one. Besides, it's not anything major at all--four to five instances in an entire book. It's not going to be something that impacts your enjoyment of the first volumes.

So, please go ahead and buy the book so that bookstores and online retailers know what to order for the later volumes. Print runs are based on what bookstores plan to order, and those orders are in turn based on the existing sales.

MrTerrorist

Post by MrTerrorist »

Adam Arnold wrote:
MrTerrorist wrote:So i read that there were some minor translation mistakes(eg. "Star of Tokiwadai" instead of the correct "Ace of Tokiwadai").
When will a 2nd printing with corrections be out?
We have to sell out of the current printing before there is a new one. Besides, it's not anything major at all--four to five instances in an entire book. It's not going to be something that impacts your enjoyment of the first volumes.

So, please go ahead and buy the book so that bookstores and online retailers know what to order for the later volumes. Print runs are based on what bookstores plan to order, and those orders are in turn based on the existing sales.
Thanks for answering. And i already ask a bookstore that sales manga to order it but they have yet to call me and tell me if it has arrive. If this continues, i'll might order it online.

Kamijou Touma

Post by Kamijou Touma »

ProvidenceBreaker wrote: Railgun gave Viz's big 3 a significant thrashing in online sales last week. I highly doubt it will be canceled.

i never see it ANYWHERE here. i had to buy it at an expo. guess its selling well then

ProvidenceBreaker

Post by ProvidenceBreaker »

Kamijou Touma wrote: i never see it ANYWHERE here. i had to buy it at an expo. guess its selling well then
It sold out twice on Amazon.com.