Just want to say thanks (and ask some questions...)

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
SjSharks182

Just want to say thanks (and ask some questions...)

Post by SjSharks182 »

First and foremost, thanks for liscensing the Toradora manga ^^ I hardly read any manga, but I absolutely must read Toradora (it being the best thing ever).

I have a couple questions though (The first is the only one of real value):
1) So do you guys ship out to stores, or is this an online order only type of deal?

2) I see you guys also have released Inukami. I plan to watch the anime, but is the manga better? I guess this is more for the community (if one exists here XD), but it still needed to be said. I want my first experience to be the best :]

3) I saw this in a different topic buuut... Is there a slight chance of you guys picking up the Toradora light novels? What I want answered is if you guys have considered it, but passed on it.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Re: Just want to say thanks (and ask some questions...)

Post by Adam_Arnold »

SjSharks182 wrote:1) So do you guys ship out to stores, or is this an online order only type of deal?
All of the Seven Seas books are sold in bookstores across North America (Borders, Barnes & Noble, etc) and also comic shops.
You can also get them from online stores like Amazon.com.

SjSharks182 wrote:2) I see you guys also have released Inukami. I plan to watch the anime, but is the manga better? I guess this is more for the community (if one exists here XD), but it still needed to be said. I want my first experience to be the best :]
The anime is definitely different from the manga. The manga is more like an adaptation of the overall arc and best stories from the Light Novels.

SjSharks182 wrote:3) I saw this in a different topic buuut... Is there a slight chance of you guys picking up the Toradora light novels? What I want answered is if you guys have considered it, but passed on it.[/color]
We're not looking into any new light novels at this time.

SjSharks182

Post by SjSharks182 »

Thanks a bunch. Looks like I'll have to keep my eyes peeled come March (that's sooo far away :< )

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

For the Seven Seas crew, it's literally the week of Christmas. As in, the book is due at the printer that week. So it's very soon for us.

SjSharks182

Post by SjSharks182 »

Oooh well if it helps I'll prolly be watching the box sets of Toradora I'm ordering around Christmas hehe, well I hope things go smoothly for you guys.

So how many volumes do you plan on releasing? I know it will depend on sales, but do you guys believe you'll be able to bring the whole series over?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

So how many volumes do you plan on releasing? I know it will depend on sales, but do you guys believe you'll be able to bring the whole series over?
There are three books so far out in Japan and it's still ongoing.

SjSharks182

Post by SjSharks182 »

oh.... XD

Well here's to success :D