Gunslinger Girl - Question for seven seas?

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
trioquip42

Re: Gunslinger Girl - Question for seven seas?

Post by trioquip42 »

Adam Arnold wrote:
Azrael wrote:Just an FYI for further printings, but I picked up my copy of the Volume 7-8 omnibus the other day and the translation notes are chopped short. No big as I already knew what a Panzerfaust is, but I do wonder what else may have be cut out.
Ack. That's a pretty weird copy paste error. Those stray 2 lines are leftover text from the previous omnibus for book 4-6. All the actual translation notes for book 7-8 are present, though.

I can only guess that it occurred after I approved the original page and the edited text was repasted over an old page template. I then only checked to make sure the page corrections had been made assuming the rest of the page was still the same. @_@

Thanks for pointing that strange, strange goof out, Azrael.
Well my copy of omnibus 7-8 doesn't say anything about a Panzerfaust but the last two lines are in mid-sentence for translation notes chapter 43, they mention something about a bouncing landmine, I assume it means the Bouncing Betty that the Germans used. Also there is only one page of notes, I'm wondering if that's the way it is supposed too be.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

The two extra lines are leftover from omnibus 2's translation notes page, and are due to a last minute copy paste error that we didn't catch because we were only looking to make sure the proofreader's corrections had been implemented. There is only one page of translation notes for omnibus 3, and they're all present. Just ignore the last two lines... ^_^;

Trunks_Elk

Post by Trunks_Elk »

Waiting for the next cover. ^^

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Gunslinger Girl 9-10 omnibus is out. Woot. :ymparty:
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Halfway through editing the script for book 11 right now.

MrTerrorist

Post by MrTerrorist »

Got a question. Will Gunslinger Girl and other mangas 7 Seas have licenses be available on Kindle and iPad?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

MrTerrorist wrote:Got a question. Will Gunslinger Girl and other mangas 7 Seas have licenses be available on Kindle and iPad?
Not at the present time. In a number of cases, foreign publishers will only license out the print rights, or require costly separate contracts and licensing fees to obtain digital rights. So while the manga market has compressed in recent years, digital is still a bit of a pipe dream for a large number of books.

MrTerrorist

Post by MrTerrorist »

Looks like the series will be ending soon.

Retailer: Gunslinger Girl Manga Ending at 15 Volumes

Your thoughts and plans?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

MrTerrorist wrote:Your thoughts
I f*cking love the series, and I'm glad the author has been able to wrap up the narrative on his own terms. It's been an amazing ride.

MrTerrorist wrote:and plans?
We can't announce any possible plans we might have at this present time.

to_aru_Oni

Post by to_aru_Oni »

So I'm assuming Seven Seas will be doing a single volume release for volume 15 then?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

to_aru_Oni wrote:So I'm assuming Seven Seas will be doing a single volume release for volume 15 then?
Probably.

RoScO

Post by RoScO »

In honor of Omnibus 5 shipping, I'll offer my thoughts on this thread again.
Adam Arnold wrote:So I'm assuming Seven Seas will be doing a single volume release for volume 15 then? Probably.
Wouldn't be a problem if they were all singles... That said, I'd rather have a double + single instead of another triple.
Adam Arnold wrote:I f*cking love the series, and I'm glad the author has been able to wrap up the narrative on his own terms. It's been an amazing ride.
Adam Arnold++ I completely agree.

I look forward to owning a copy I can read. Thanks Seven Seas!

RJFrazer

Post by RJFrazer »

Adam Arnold wrote:
to_aru_Oni wrote:So I'm assuming Seven Seas will be doing a single volume release for volume 15 then?
Probably.
Perhaps it can be the final volume of GSG, but also incorporating the first volume of the imminently-announced spin-off manga following the continued adventures of the 2nd-Gen cyborgs?

...hey, I live in hope. :((

Hiera

Post by Hiera »

But isn't it possible to add that 15th volume to 6th Omnibus?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Hiera wrote:But isn't it possible to add that 15th volume to 6th Omnibus?
Not this late in the game, unfortunately. There are rights, production costs, and material delivery factors that have to be taken into account, and we definitely don't want to kill the series' momentum by delaying the next (amazing) installments. It's better for us to stay the course and do 7 books total.