Gunslinger Girl - Question for seven seas?

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Re: Question for seven seas?

Post by Adam_Arnold »

And you can say if the next volumes will have color pages?
Due to the costs involved, we're unable to include color inserts.

Trunks_Elk wrote:Will the previous dates of release change?
The next book is scheduled for November.

einhorn303

Re: Question for seven seas?

Post by einhorn303 »

What I'm curious about is whether the plans to go with single volumes or omnibus for vols 7+8 are finalized.
Avatar: Rico from Gunslinger Girl. Art by Yu Aida (相田 裕).

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Re: Gunslinger Girl - Question for seven seas?

Post by Adam_Arnold »

We're going to be releasing the rest of Gunslinger Girl as 2-in-1 omnibus editions.

Gunslinger Girl Omnibus 3 (Vol. 7-8) will be out 10/25/2011.

Trunks_Elk

Post by Trunks_Elk »

Don't know if i'm happy or sad... Because the best covers will be lost =(

For this price, it could have color pages with that covers...

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Adam Arnold wrote:We're going to be releasing the rest of Gunslinger Girl as 2-in-1 omnibus editions.

Well, this explains why I couldn't find Vol. Seven in July. Alas, a little longer. :ymsigh:
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

catshione

Post by catshione »

Will the rest of gunslinger girl be in omnibus formats? Will 9-10 be in the same format?

Thanks!

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

catshione wrote:Will the rest of gunslinger girl be in omnibus formats? Will 9-10 be in the same format?
That's the current plan. 2-in-1 omnibus for the rest of Gunslinger Girl.

RoScO

Post by RoScO »

Adam Arnold wrote:We're going to be releasing the rest of Gunslinger Girl as 2-in-1 omnibus editions.

I'm happy to be able to finally get this. But this omnibus stuff is really disappointing.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

RoScO wrote:

I'm happy to be able to finally get this. But this omnibus stuff is really disappointing.
With less bookstores now, omnibus releases makes the most sense for a long series like Gunslinger Girl. Plus, you'll actually get the series faster than if we were doing singles.

RoScO

Post by RoScO »

Adam Arnold wrote:With less bookstores now, omnibus releases makes the most sense for a long series like Gunslinger Girl. Plus, you'll actually get the series faster than if we were doing singles.
I didn't quite wait the four years others might have, but it was still like 3 years I've waited for chapter 7.
Not to mention the 2 years waiting for the Triela figurine that was just released. Yay, rerelease of Henrietta as well BTW. : )
Personally, I want my manga in as close to the original works as possible (except in English of course). I would gladly pay twice as much and wait twice as long to get this in single releases. But I really like Gunslinger Girl and I have a job where I can do that.

If you really think smushing volumes together to cut back on costs and that the reduced release time will maintain more interest the series, then be my guest. God knows I'm happy to have a hard copy of this in English as can't afford the copyright or publishing costs.

Trunks_Elk

Post by Trunks_Elk »

In truth i think we will wait longer when the english release reach the japanese one. We will need to wait for 2 japanese tanko in order to get one volume here. And we know how long it takes in japan... But for me, if i can have all volumes, i dont mind the format. In this case.

Also, do you have dates for the omnibus 4? Or its ISBN.
Thanks.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Trunks_Elk wrote:In truth i think we will wait longer when the english release reach the japanese one. We will need to wait for 2 japanese tanko in order to get one volume here. And we know how long it takes in japan... But for me, if i can have all volumes, i dont mind the format. In this case.

Also, do you have dates for the omnibus 4? Or its ISBN.
Thanks.
This is subject to change, but the current release date is March 2012. The isbn is 978-1-935934-14-1.

einhorn303

Post by einhorn303 »

I got a shipping confirmation from Rightstuf for my copy of the 3rd omnibus. Yay! I can't wait to read it.
Avatar: Rico from Gunslinger Girl. Art by Yu Aida (相田 裕).

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Just an FYI for further printings, but I picked up my copy of the Volume 7-8 omnibus the other day and the translation notes are chopped short. No big as I already knew what a Panzerfaust is, but I do wonder what else may have be cut out.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Azrael wrote:Just an FYI for further printings, but I picked up my copy of the Volume 7-8 omnibus the other day and the translation notes are chopped short. No big as I already knew what a Panzerfaust is, but I do wonder what else may have be cut out.
Ack. That's a pretty weird copy paste error. Those stray 2 lines are leftover text from the previous omnibus for book 4-6. All the actual translation notes for book 7-8 are present, though.

I can only guess that it occurred after I approved the original page and the edited text was repasted over an old page template. I then only checked to make sure the page corrections had been made assuming the rest of the page was still the same. @_@

Thanks for pointing that strange, strange goof out, Azrael.