Gunslinger Girl - Question for seven seas?

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
jcaliff556

Re: Question for seven seas?

Post by jcaliff556 »

After every three volumes will you be releasing an omnibus, or is that only for the first six? I've just finished Volume 13 and pray that it isn't the end. Hearts will be broken.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

jcaliff556 wrote:After every three volumes will you be releasing an omnibus, or is that only for the first six? I've just finished Volume 13 and pray that it isn't the end. Hearts will be broken.
Only omnibus collection 1 and 2 will be 3-in-1 omnibus editions as that material has been previously released here in North America. We should have some exciting news soon concerning Gunslinger Girl, but I can't say what it is yet.

Sheller

Post by Sheller »

Adam Arnold wrote: We should have some exciting news soon concerning Gunslinger Girl, but I can't say what it is yet.
Oh, great. Now I have to eagerly anticipate another tidbit of goodness. For shame!

Trunks_Elk

Post by Trunks_Elk »

I'm curious about what can be...

And i hope Gunslinger's selling well, this serie must be complete <3

Trunks_Elk

Post by Trunks_Elk »

You put the next vols of gunslinger girl off in the website. Whats happen?? Im really worried...

It will be release all in omnibus?
Or will you start again from volume 1? (I hope it's not it, or i will kill myself for buying the omnibus)

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Trunks_Elk wrote:You put the next vols of gunslinger girl off in the website. Whats happen?? Im really worried...
The note on the page says that there is more Gunslinger Girl to come, which is indeed true. We are going to release more volumes. We just aren't able to officially announce our plans on our site yet.

Or will you start again from volume 1? (I hope it's not it, or i will kill myself for buying the omnibus)
No, we don't have any plans to put out singles of volumes 1-6.

RJFrazer

Post by RJFrazer »

This isn't a question, but as this seems to have become the main GSG discussion thread, I recently gave the manga a positive write-up over at the UK Anime Network:

http://www.uk-anime.net/manga/Gunslinge ... -6%29.html

I've greatly enjoyed GSG, and I hope that it does well.

catshione

Post by catshione »

Volume 7 will still come out in aug of 2011? correct?

Keiichi

Post by Keiichi »

I think there are plans for an omnibus containing the 7th and 8th volumes.

catshione

Post by catshione »

Did this not sell well is that why it was taken down form the web site for future volumes?
Dose this mean 7-10 will never see the light of day?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

catshione wrote:Did this not sell well is that why it was taken down form the web site for future volumes?
Dose this mean 7-10 will never see the light of day?
Please do not worry about there not being a listing on our website. We're just working out some final contract stuff.

Books 7 & 8 are both translated and being lettered right now, so they're on their way!

Trunks_Elk

Post by Trunks_Elk »

Book Depository put Gunslinger Girl vol. 7 as unavailable, do you know what's happening? DDD:
(http://www.bookdepository.com/Gunslinge ... 1934876824)

-edit-

I just finish reading Omnibus 2. It's thrilling!! Now things are getting new for me (I have just watched the animes), i really hope that we can have this title complete in english by seven seas.
And i was comparing ADVs version with yours, and i have to agree that is really is far superior!

catshione

Post by catshione »

Here what happened so far. This company had on the site listing for the books 7-10 then removed those listings form this site. They say 7-8 are ready to go. But those listings have no been put back up, no release dates and there was talk of how well the books sold in the first two releases as new titles. Seeing as ADV had released in single format those books sometime ago and with the loss of a retailer such as borders it's my guess that these never see the light of day.
of course this is just my guess from whats happened with things in the past.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

To restate an earlier post:
"Please do not worry about there not being a listing on our website. We're just working out some final contract stuff.
Books 7 & 8 are both translated and being lettered right now, so they're on their way!" (We're working on translating book 9 now as well.)

You have to remember that the earthquake, tsunami, and rolling blackouts caused a lot of problems that took many Japanese manga publishers off the grid for a while and they're still working to get all parts of their businesses back to normal.

Trunks_Elk

Post by Trunks_Elk »

Will the previous dates of release change? And you can say if the next volumes will have color pages?

Thank you.