Gunslinger Girl - Question for seven seas?

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
RJFrazer

Re: Gunslinger Girl - Question for seven seas?

Post by RJFrazer »

I just received Omnibus No. 5 through Amazon UK (are Diamond Comics having distribution problems? None of my local comic shops had any indication of when it would appear on the shelves in-store. Other Seven Seas titles seem to be alright but GSG is a persistent no-show). I'd like to say that I really enjoyed the translation of the "World of Gunslinger Girl" fan-pages in the back! It was a pleasantly unexpected extra treat.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

RJFrazer wrote:I just received Omnibus No. 5 through Amazon UK (are Diamond Comics having distribution problems? None of my local comic shops had any indication of when it would appear on the shelves in-store. Other Seven Seas titles seem to be alright but GSG is a persistent no-show).
It's news to me, so I couldn't really even begin to guess why that is.

I'd like to say that I really enjoyed the translation of the "World of Gunslinger Girl" fan-pages in the back! It was a pleasantly unexpected extra treat.
Glad you liked seeing them. They'll be in the 6th omnibus as well.

RoScO

Post by RoScO »

Adam Arnold wrote:Not this late in the game, unfortunately. ...
Is it to late in the game to have like a special edition box available with the last volume?
*Figured it couldn't hurt to ask

RoScO

Post by RoScO »

In honor of Omnibus 6 shipping, I'll re-open this thread again.

So, I've been using Amazon's shipping notifications to remind me to pre-order future chapters. Now that the second to last chapter has shipped, I'm a little worried that I can't find the last chapter.
Wiki doesn't have an ISBN for it in English and Amazon doesn't return results when searching for chapter 15 or omnibus 7 (I know it's only one chapter).

A link to Amazon would be preferred, but I'll be happy with an estimate as to when it should be available for pre-order.

Thanks!

to_aru_Oni

Post by to_aru_Oni »

Okay, so now that we have a solicitation for the final volume (HURRAY!), I do have a question.

Any possibility that we'll be seeing the mini-artbook included with the limited-edition volume 15 that was released in Japan? Either bundled with this volume or perhaps a separate entry? And congrats on finally making it to the end, Seven Seas! Been such a fun ride and can't wait to wrap up this emotional manga!

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

to_aru_Oni wrote:Any possibility that we'll be seeing the mini-artbook included with the limited-edition volume 15 that was released in Japan
Our license only extends to the standard editions, so we aren't able to translate the color Libretto! mini-guides about Italy/Cars/Guns that come with the Japanese limited editions of volume 10 and 15.

to_aru_Oni

Post by to_aru_Oni »

Adam Arnold wrote:
to_aru_Oni wrote:Any possibility that we'll be seeing the mini-artbook included with the limited-edition volume 15 that was released in Japan
Our license only extends to the standard editions, so we aren't able to translate the color Libretto! mini-guides about Italy/Cars/Guns that come with the Japanese limited editions of volume 10 and 15.
Ah darn. Well I appreciate the answer, though. Thanks.

RoScO

Post by RoScO »

to_aru_Oni wrote:Okay, so now that we have a solicitation for the final volume (HURRAY!)
To_Aru_Oni, thanks for the link!
Adam Arnold, thanks for the updates!
Seven Seas, thanks for doing this series in English!