PR - Seven Seas Relaunches Gunslinger Girl & Blood Alone

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

PR - Seven Seas Relaunches Gunslinger Girl & Blood Alone

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Seven Seas Relaunches Gunslinger Girl & Blood Alone

(LOS ANGELES, April 8, 2010) – Seven Seas is pleased to announce the revival of two fan-favorite manga series—Gunslinger Girl and Blood Alone. Featuring all-new translations and lettering, Seven Seas will release the previously-published books in omnibus editions that contain three volumes in one, priced at $15.99 each. Seven Seas will then introduce subsequent books in the series that have never been published in North America.

"We're thrilled to get the chance to put our stamp of quality on these two great titles," says Seven Seas Senior Editor Adam Arnold. "Since neither of these books were continued by their previous American publishers, we're excited to be rescuing these series for existing fans. Plus, our low-cost omnibus editions of the early volumes in the series make them the ideal entry point for new fans as well."

Gunslinger Girl is a dark action-packed series about a secret counter-terrorism unit that transforms young girls into ruthless killers. The manga series, which is ongoing in Japan and currently up to volume 12, has spawned several popular anime. Seven Seas will relaunch the manga in two separate 544-page omnibus editions for $15.99 each, and will then release later volumes of Gunslinger Girl starting with volume 7. Gunslinger Girl Omnibus 1 is scheduled for a February 2011 release.

Blood Alone is a beautifully drawn, lyrical vampire manga whose first three volumes will be collected in a single omnibus for $15.99. Book 4 onward will follow soon after. There are currently six volumes published in Japan, and the series is ongoing. Blood Alone Omnibus 1 is scheduled for a May 2011 release.

In addition to the Gunslinger Girl and Blood Alone omnibus editions, Seven Seas will also release several other series in its successful omnibus format.

Strawberry Panic: The Complete Manga Collection (containing both volumes of the manga, plus two all-new previously unreleased chapters) and Venus Versus Virus Omnibus 1 (collecting manga volumes 1-3) are set for an October 2010 release and carry a $14.99 price point.

Hayate X Blade Omnibus 1 (collecting manga volumes 1-3) and Inukami! Omnibus 1 (also collecting the first three volumes) will be released the following month in November 2010 for $15.99.

In addition, Rachel Roberts' original manga series Avalon: The Warlock Diaries, a spin-off from her twelve-volume hit middle grade novel series Avalon: Web of Magic, also published by Seven Seas, will see an omnibus release in December 2010. This omnibus will collect all three volumes of the manga in a single 320-page tome for $11.99.

LINK: http://gomanga.com/news/press_045.php

CMB

Re: PR - Seven Seas Relaunches Gunslinger Girl & Blood Alone

Post by CMB »

Thank you for the great news.

GrimSage

Post by GrimSage »

I can't even begin to describe how great it is to hear this awesome news. Two of my all-time favorite manga titles are finally coming back!

I already own all six volumes of Gunslinger Girl published by ADV, and all four volumes of Blood Alone published by Infinity Studios, but I'm going to be sure to buy all the omnibus editions you publish for both series, as well as every new volume that comes out.

You guys at Seven Seas rock!

blkglyph

Post by blkglyph »

Both of these are awesome titles. I only got to pick up the first two volumes of Blood Alone, but the story looked like it could get some real depth and the artwork is gorgeous! I hope the wraparound artwork will get kept in for the Seven Seas editions. :)