Any plans in licensing new Yuri/Shoujo-Ai manga?

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
bleachfan

Any plans in licensing new Yuri/Shoujo-Ai manga?

Post by bleachfan »

I was just wondering if Seven Seas is planning in licensing more Yuri/Shoujo-Ai manga, such as Gokujou Drops, since it's the most viewed Yuri on Mangafox. Just a suggestion,Thank You.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Re: Any plans in licensing new Yuri/Shoujo-Ai manga?

Post by Adam_Arnold »

bleachfan wrote:I was just wondering if Seven Seas is planning in licensing more Yuri/Shoujo-Ai manga, such as Gokujou Drops, since it's the most viewed Yuri on Mangafox. Just a suggestion,Thank You.
We're not actively pursuing any yuri/shoujo-ai series at this current time.

darkchibi07

Post by darkchibi07 »

You guys aren't going to completely leave the Strawberry line out to dry, right?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

darkchibi07 wrote:You guys aren't going to completely leave the Strawberry line out to dry, right?
We'll still pick up the occasional title with yuri elements in it. However, we won't be adding any new titles to the Strawberry imprint.

Koro

Post by Koro »

And to think that when I posted here that SS didn't care for yuri anymore and that the Strawberry line was dead I was told that I am a liar, insulted and accused of trolling and flaming (and maybe even banned since my account has disappeared since then)...

Wonderful work, Seven Seas, 0 yuri series completed, not even the 3-volumes ones, a nice way to make people waste their money on series never finished...

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Koro wrote:And to think that when I posted here that SS didn't care for yuri anymore and that the Strawberry line was dead I was told that I am a liar, insulted and accused of trolling and flaming (and maybe even banned since my account has disappeared since then)...
We haven't made any secret of the fact that we aren't adding any new titles to our Strawberry imprint. Hence, the reason Hayate X Blade is not a Strawberry title.

Also, you weren't banned. We purged any old accounts that weren't in use before we upgraded our forum software earlier this year.

Wonderful work, Seven Seas, 0 yuri series completed, not even the 3-volumes ones, a nice way to make people waste their money on series never finished...
Unfinished:
The Last Uniform (2 of 3 volumes, cancelled due to poor sales)
First Love Sisters (1 volume released, series in licensing limbo with future volumes unlicenseable)

Finished:
Strawberry Panic (2 volumes, on permanent hiatus in Japan)
Tetragrammaton Labyrinth (6 volumes)
Voiceful (1 volume)
Kashimashi (5 volumes)

endlessdreamer

Post by endlessdreamer »

Why is it that you guys are not planning on licensing more yuri titles?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

As mentioned in the previous posts, we aren't adding any more titles to our Strawberry or Light Novel lines. Any new titles that we add will just be a part of the Seven Seas line regardless of genre or format. Are are still picking up series with yuri elements, though. In fact, we just licensed A Certain Scientific Railgun and announced we're putting out the Strawberry Panic: The Complete Novel Collection omnibus.

Ninjaguiden

Post by Ninjaguiden »

Any chance of picking up any of Miyabi Fujiedas manga?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... p?id=50074

I have the first book of Iono-sama...but then Infinity Studios went under before they published number 2.

SjSharks182

Post by SjSharks182 »

Geez people hating on SS... I'd be happy with wasting my money on something that isn't finished. At least I have some volumes to put on my shelf.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

SjSharks182 wrote:Geez people hating on SS... I'd be happy with wasting my money on something that isn't finished. At least I have some volumes to put on my shelf.
The person wasn't hating on Seven Seas. They were asking us to pick up Iono, which Infinity Studios didn't finish.

Ninjaguiden

Post by Ninjaguiden »

Adam Arnold wrote:
SjSharks182 wrote:Geez people hating on SS... I'd be happy with wasting my money on something that isn't finished. At least I have some volumes to put on my shelf.
The person wasn't hating on Seven Seas. They were asking us to pick up Iono, which Infinity Studios didn't finish.
I didn't even get what the previous poster meant, so no offence taken.

On topic: is there any chance of this happening then? What's your relationship with Mediaworks? I can understand not picking up Iono. But SS did a really nice job on SZS so far, so I'd like to hope.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Ninjaguiden wrote:On topic: is there any chance of this happening then? What's your relationship with Mediaworks? I can understand not picking up Iono. But SS did a really nice job on SZS so far, so I'd like to hope.
SZS (Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei) is put out by Del Rey.

Anyway, we won't rule out Iono, but it's not something we're actively going after at this point in time.

Ninjaguiden

Post by Ninjaguiden »

Damnit!

I meant Gunslinger Girl, can't believe I got that mixed up.

Glad to hear that, at least I won't give up hope completely. One day...

warpspider

Post by warpspider »

I would second Fujieda titles, it's a shame to think that maybe the failure of IS meant that the people involved got scared away from trying with another company...