[BUND] Favorite Scenes in 'Dance' so far... (SPOILERS)

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
laughingvulcanX2

[BUND] Favorite Scenes in 'Dance' so far... (SPOILERS)

Post by laughingvulcanX2 »

There are quite a few in the 6 issues so far, as far as I'm concerned.

To wit...

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

Book 6 -
1. Mina tells Yuki that her novella is not just all over the Bund, but that Mina PERSONALLY translated it into multiple languages so the vampires in the other houses can read it...Yuki reacts by freaking out. This one had me in STITCHES! Just the good-natured arrogance on Mina's part...and Yuki all but wanting to shrink and disappear, was worth the purchase price!

2. Young Anna's first day at school, with a boost from a taller human classmate. The fact that she thanks him prettily...and makes EVERYONE in the class melt was wonderful...along with Mina's side comment of, 'A veritable wall of discrimination and trouble met us when I first arrived, yet she has knocked that wall to pieces with nothing but a smile.' This comes from the SAME Mina that told Akira in Book 2, 'I may LOOK like a pretty little girl but I AM still the ruler of all vampires. If I DIDN'T terrify them, I would seriously question my abilities as a ruler.' Well, which IS it Mina-San? Coexistence or attitude? :happyhappy:

3. The sleepover. Yuki tells her mother that a friend is over...And that she'd be SURPRISED to know who it is...

4. (196) Mina asking Nelly, Nella and Nero, 'Would you like to attend school? All Three of you?'
Uh-Oh, Yuki...RUUUNNNN!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. (196) Mina's sad expression at Anna saying, 'I wanna grow up someday!'
God, I'd wanna hug them all, too. Part of the curse of vampirism summed up in a simple, innocent statement.

Book 2 - Pg 92-93...

• Mina's leaving the office of Minister Mizoguchi, after he finds out about the vampire attack on his grandson. She tells him that she'll accompany his grandson to the Bund and will tale good care of him 'from now on'. The Minister demands to know WHY she'd be doing this for his grandson...and Mina turns to look at him with an evil grin on her face, and reminds the Minister, 'Your grandson was just bitten by a vampire. He's now one of OUR kin.' That made me laugh out loud and gave me a bit of a chill, too.

• Yuki having the cojones to question how Mina's treating Akira, coming in when Mina's at the PEAK of her rage. (116-117)

• Nanami drawing closer to Yuki in the Chapel, baring her fangs and telling Yuki, 'Don't worry. It'll feel REALLY good. I promise...' Yuki tries to get her to stop, and we see the single tear running down Nanami's face. Nanami DOESN'T want to be doing this, but she has NO choice...(142)

• Mina stops the transformed Jean-Marais with a loud, 'CEASE!'...And he freezes in his tracks...(154)

Book 3 -

Nanami walked away with this book, for the most part.
• Mina and Yuki forging their friendship after a whole book of, 'Stay AWAY! Akira is MINE!' (Wait, WHAT?!)
• The scene in the alley with the pimp & Nanami. The sadness and revulsion on her face at what Hysterica told her to do...at her presumably losing her virginity to this...twit...engendered SUCH sympathy from me. Made me wish I could hug her and let her cry out...
• Nanami showing up in Yuzuru's bedroom. He SEEMS to be fine with it until Nanami gears up to bite him.
• Nanami, spent, looks at Mina and tells her, 'I do resent you...' because of her new, vampiric passion for Yuzuru.
You can see the anguish, pain and embarrassment on her face as she tells Mina that she can't fight it...'I feel myself LONGING for hin so much I want to tear my own chest open!!'

Hoo boy... :dizzy2:

• Yuzuru's calm discourse with Vera, including the question, 'Why would you WANT to become a vampire?!'
• His courage in wresting Nanami back from Hysterica.
• The scene in the building with Hysterica...(I just wonder why Hysterica's cell signal is jammed, but Mina's command to her knights ISN'T jammed...)
• Nanami facing Yuzuru in the building...
•...and, later, his sacrificing his humanity so she wouldn't be alone for all eternity.

*Takes a breath*

Before I go any further, what stood out to you guys and gals? There is SO many good scenes in this series, It would take PAGES on this thread to list them...

Be well, all.
Greg

iloveminatepes

Re: Favorite Scenes in 'Dance' so far... (SPOILERS)

Post by iloveminatepes »

i personally think the manga is absolutely the best read ive had yet.
but i see some errors from manga to anime... like for example this is small but still, akira in the manga is there with mina in the 1st chapter of the book. now in the anime he has amnesia and doesnt remember a thing that i found to be odd. next is when she takes the kid, in the manga she waits until shes down the stairs to call. in the anime she calls while still in the room with the governor... these are minor issues to me but however they are different.

laughingvulcanX2

Post by laughingvulcanX2 »

Well, speaking of the Anime, from what I've seen so far...

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

They've adjusted Mina's relationship with Yuki in the very beginning.

Aside from helping Mina cook in Home Ec, there really doesn't seem to be a reason for Mina to be protective of Yuki during the Chapel incident...but she IS...and episode 7 ends with the credits rolling over Yuki in the Bund, apparently invited.

I can understand that they are trying to abbreviate the series to make it shorter for DVD release, but this is ONE area that now makes NO sense to me. Mina & Yuki BFF so early on? Doesn't work for me... :bleed2:

Be well, all.
Greg

Ashandorath

Post by Ashandorath »

but i see some errors from manga to anime... like for example this is small but still, akira in the manga is there with mina in the 1st chapter of the book. now in the anime he has amnesia and doesnt remember a thing that i found to be odd. next is when she takes the kid, in the manga she waits until shes down the stairs to call. in the anime she calls while still in the room with the governor... these are minor issues to me but however they are different.
There are usually small changes when between a manga and it's anime.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Any changes you see in the anime were done at the behest of the manga's author as he worked directly with the anime studio to come up with a unique storyline so that the anime wouldn't be a direct adaptation of the manga.