Can I look forward to purchasing upcoming volumes of HxB?

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Lord Styphon

Re: Can I look forward to purchasing upcoming volumes of HxB?

Post by Lord Styphon »

Snark wrote:
Adam Arnold wrote:
animematt wrote:Hello...
Just wondering about any updates on volumes 7-11 on HxB.
Seven Seas will be announcing something related to Hayate X Blade next week.
Sorry for doing this again, but it's been a week now, when's the announcement?
Given that he said "next week" and not "in a week", it's reasonable to believe that it will come sometime before the 11th.

Until then, re: your horses. Hold them.

taiga

Post by taiga »

the announcement was the 'Hayate X Blade Omnibus Collection 1 (Vol. 1-3)' i guess. The manga release schedule is now full till may 2011, and there's no new volumes of hayate x blade on it...damn =<

silentkitsune

Post by silentkitsune »

I'm kind of disappointed about the announcement. I was hoping for some news about volume 7 and onwards :s

I already own volumes 1-6 of HxB, so the announcement about the omnibus doesn't really do much for me. However, I'm going to pick up the omnibus anyway because I love HxB and I want to support it any way that I can ('cuz we all know that at the end of the day, money/sales are what matter to a company).

I hope that the talks for further volumes of HxB are going well and that we'll see more issues coming out soon.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

taiga wrote:the announcement was the 'Hayate X Blade Omnibus Collection 1 (Vol. 1-3)' i guess. The manga release schedule is now full till may 2011, and there's no new volumes of hayate x blade on it...damn =<
Believe me...that schedule is far from full. We still have some other surprise announcements. (They're not related to Hayate X Blade, though. But they're no less awesome.)

silentkitsune wrote:I'm kind of disappointed about the announcement. I was hoping for some news about volume 7 and onwards :s

I already own volumes 1-6 of HxB, so the announcement about the omnibus doesn't really do much for me. However, I'm going to pick up the omnibus anyway because I love HxB and I want to support it any way that I can ('cuz we all know that at the end of the day, money/sales are what matter to a company).

I hope that the talks for further volumes of HxB are going well and that we'll see more issues coming out soon.
Yes, the omnibus announcement wasn't exactly what some of you guys were hoping for, but it does reaffirm Seven Seas' commitment to seeing that Hayate X Blade gets the greatest possible chance to succeed here. So for any readers that were on the fence, they now have a nice, thick omnibus coming their way that will serve as the perfect low-cost entry point to this amazing series.

lloyd1191

Re: Can I look forward to purchasing upcoming volumes of HxB

Post by lloyd1191 »

Am sorry, I am very sorry to say this to such a great company for realeasing Hayate x Blade, but I kind of feel like I have seen this move in other stores, this makes it looks like your company is actually going down, selling a lot of volumes for a really low price. It's cool, I understand the thing about getting more people to know this manga because, I actually love this series, I really do, I already bought volumes 1-6, but still, if there's no real update about how this series is going, then is very easy to believe that you guys are going to forget about this series. I also understand that you have a lot of other series in the company, but like I said, if there's no update about the series, then we're going to believe that it has been forgotten. After all said and done, I really hope that the talks about getting the rights for this volume is going well and I hope that you guys don't forget about this series. Peace to you all and good luck.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

lloyd1191 wrote:Am sorry, I am very sorry to say this to such a great company for realeasing Hayate x Blade, but I kind of feel like I have seen this move in other stores, this makes it looks like your company is actually going down, selling a lot of volumes for a really low price.
Companies rerelease material all the time in other forms. It's simply a way to repackage existing material for new consumers so that a company can keep building their backlist of titles while also reducing production costs. It's the same reason why you see single DVDs turned into slimpack collections and cardboard DVD box sets being rereleased in smaller DVD cases.

As for Hayate X Blade... I've said this before, but our current focus is on getting out the two omnibus editions that collect books 1-3 and 4-6 so that we can attract new readers to the franchise. It's a series we know has a passionate fan base and want to make sure as many people as possible are reading it.

lloyd1191

Post by lloyd1191 »

I got curious, how come the Omnibus takes longer to be released than the individual volumes? You have the rights already, don't you? Or you have to do something else before selling them?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

lloyd1191 wrote:I got curious, how come the Omnibus takes longer to be released than the individual volumes?
There's really no set amount of time. In general, if a book is getting individual volumes, then we don't want to kill those individual sales by rushing out a cheaper omnibus edition. It's something we look at on a case by case basis.

Takiko

Post by Takiko »

I'm one of those people who was on the fence about whether or not to buy "Hayate Cross Blade," but when I saw an omnibus edition had been released and that there were different characters on the cover, I thought, 'Heck, yeah! Why not?' I must say, I turned out to be quite pleased with this series and the work done for the English edition. Every time I see it sitting there in my room I end up picking it up to flip through. I'm very much looking forward to the second omnibus volume.
What I found troubling about the omnibus edition however was the absence of translation notes in the back. I know that the single volumes have them but the first volume of the omnibus didn't. I'd like to know what the reason for this is, and if the second omnibus edition will also not include translation notes.

In addition, I have an inquiry concerning future single volumes. When Shueisha gained the rights to HXB the series got makeovers for thier covers and revised character profiles and panels. Will volumes 9+ of HXB be using the Shueisha covers (which look amazing), and will volumes 1-8 ever be reprinted as single volumes using Shueisha's covers and revisions? I suspect the answer to the latter will likely be no because of the omnibus editions and only if demand is high enough, but if you ever did reprint them, know that I would buy them. As to the former, you probably don't even know if Shueisha will let you license it yet, so I'll patiently wait for an answer on that one.

Thanks for reading.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Takiko wrote:What I found troubling about the omnibus edition however was the absence of translation notes in the back. I know that the single volumes have them but the first volume of the omnibus didn't. I'd like to know what the reason for this is, and if the second omnibus edition will also not include translation notes.
Not having translation notes in the two Hayate X Blade Omnibus Collections is due to cost. In order for us to offer the omnibus at such a great value (at close to 50% off what the individual volumes would run you), we could only include the actual story content from the individual editions.

In addition, I have an inquiry concerning future single volumes. When Shueisha gained the rights to HXB the series got makeovers for thier covers and revised character profiles and panels. Will volumes 9+ of HXB be using the Shueisha covers (which look amazing), and will volumes 1-8 ever be reprinted as single volumes using Shueisha's covers and revisions?
We currently don't have any plans to release the Shueisha editions of the existing volumes.

AyraWinla

Post by AyraWinla »

I just want to say a big "Thank you!" for publishing these awesome books.

I had seen a few good comments about Hayate x Blade on the web, but the short descriptions and the covers for the first volumes weren't too appealing to me so I didn't take the plunge at the original release. Eventually, I learned about the Omnibus release, thought to myself that it sounded like a potentially good deal, and did a search for more information about the book and ended up on this site. After reading the preview pages, I instantly went ahead and ordered the first Omnibus.

It's probably the most enjoyable manga I've ever read, and it definitively worth the buy: It's clever, funny and well drawn to boot. I've read it twice so far, and it has lost none of it's enjoyment on the second read. I'm currently "patiently" waiting on the second Omnibus to arrive in the mail (It seems like Amazon had some supplies issues with the book), and I'm definitively looking foward to it very much.

It's a shame that the preview pages can't be placed directly on Amazon and other similar sites: Had I seen those pages earlier, I'd have been on board since the initial volume 1 release instead of the omnibus re-releases (Better late than never though :)).

Either way, if volumes 4-5-6 are remotely as good as the first three, I can vouch I'll buy the following volumes in an heartbeat if they do get released. But even if you decide not to bring forth the following volumes (High-quality products unfortunately don't always sell as well as they should), I still want to give out a big "Thank you!" for having published such an awesome story, and another "thank you" for releasing an omnibus version that brought me to the serie in the first place :)

lilly_938

Post by lilly_938 »

I own all the copies of HxB (1-6 and both omnibuses), and was wondering if there's any word yet on the rest of the series (7-?)?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

lilly_938 wrote:I own all the copies of HxB (1-6 and both omnibuses), and was wondering if there's any word yet on the rest of the series (7-?)?
Jason said this on twitter the other day: "We're still in talks with licensors. Since it switched over to Shueisha, the rights are currently in a sticky situation. -JD"

Charming Ice

Post by Charming Ice »

Hiya!

I'm a huge fan of Hayate x Blade and I can't wait till volume 7~
What is taking you guys so long?

- Some Dutch girl :luvu:

Charming Ice

Post by Charming Ice »

DAWW MEN, WHY DOESNT ANY1 REPLY?!