Can I look forward to purchasing upcoming volumes of HxB?

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Green_Puyo_Tea

Can I look forward to purchasing upcoming volumes of HxB?

Post by Green_Puyo_Tea »

Are sales of this title doing good, are there any rights issues? This is shaping out to be one of my favorite manga series. It's just that The Last Uniform, Strawberry Panic (Light Novels), and First Love Sisters were all cancelled, and I bought all the volumes that were out for those titles, and the Strawberry Panic manga situation doesn't make any sense to me since the artist is still active nowadays.
Support the anime industry! If you really are a fan and enjoy a series, buy the DVDs, fansubs are great, but misusing them really hurts the already marginal-profited anime industry.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Re: Can I look forward to purchasing upcoming volumes of HxB

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Green_Puyo_Tea wrote:Are sales of this title doing good, are there any rights issues? This is shaping out to be one of my favorite manga series.
Right now, Tor Books has licensed up through volume 6 of Hayate X Blade and we're currently in early talks to pick up volumes 7-8. So as far as we're aware, everything is full steam ahead with both Hayate and Inukami. I can't say what will happen when we have to start pursuing the most recent volumes of the series that Shueisha holds the rights to (i.e. the series moved from Media Works to Shueisha), but we'll cross that bridge when we have to.

As far as production goes, Hayate 4 is about to be printed and Seven Seas just finished up lettering on Hayate 5 last week.

chibi04

haya X blade

Post by chibi04 »

^_^ read the scanlation of vol1 so gonna buy this since its licensed but i can only find vol2 in uk stores ;_:

quickford

Post by quickford »

Good to hear. I definitely plan to keep buying, and will try to get my friends to buy some as well. I hear it keeps getting better, which is hard to imagine since it's already great. :happyhappy:

silentkitsune

more HxB please :)

Post by silentkitsune »

I *really* hope that the other volumes of HxB get licensed. I'm a regular reader of Okazu (Erica Friedman's yuri blog ^_^) and after reading the reviews for volumes 7 and onwards, I am really excited for what's to come :D <3

taiga

Post by taiga »

I was wondering if there was any news about volumes 7 and 8, did the talks go good and they're coming in the near future, or the talks went bad and they're not coming anytime soon?
I really hope this manga continues though, it's one of my all time favorites and i really want to know what's gonna happen in volumes 6 and above :happyhappy:

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

taiga wrote:I was wondering if there was any news about volumes 7 and 8, did the talks go good and they're coming in the near future, or the talks went bad and they're not coming anytime soon?
I really hope this manga continues though, it's one of my all time favorites and i really want to know what's gonna happen in volumes 6 and above :happyhappy:
We have a number of really cool projects and announcements that we're keeping under wraps.

taiga

Post by taiga »

Adam Arnold wrote:
taiga wrote:I was wondering if there was any news about volumes 7 and 8, did the talks go good and they're coming in the near future, or the talks went bad and they're not coming anytime soon?
We have a number of really cool projects and announcements that we're keeping under wraps.
good to hear :happyhappy: can't wait =p

Snark

Re:

Post by Snark »

Adam Arnold wrote: We have a number of really cool projects and announcements that we're keeping under wraps.
It's been some months now, will said cool projects and announcements be revealed anytime soon? Or have they already happened and I missed them? O.o

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Re: Re:

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Snark wrote:
Adam Arnold wrote: We have a number of really cool projects and announcements that we're keeping under wraps.
It's been some months now, will said cool projects and announcements be revealed anytime soon? Or have they already happened and I missed them? O.o
We announced Vampire Cheerleaders/Paranormal Mystery Squad this past week and will be making another big announcement this coming week that'll make our many, many Luna fans very happy. Our really cool licensed manga announcements will follow in April and May. Our 2011 schedule is shaping up to be a very exciting one.

Snark

Re: Can I look forward to purchasing upcoming volumes of HxB?

Post by Snark »

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll be looking forward to April/May then =D

animematt

Post by animematt »

Hello...
Just wondering about any updates on volumes 7-11 on HxB.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

animematt wrote:Hello...
Seven Seas will be announcing something related to Hayate X Blade next week.

taiga

Post by taiga »

Adam Arnold wrote:
I can't wait!! :happyhappy:

Snark

Post by Snark »

Adam Arnold wrote:
Sorry for doing this again, but it's been a week now, when's the announcement?