Can I look forward to purchasing upcoming volumes of HxB?

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Re: Can I look forward to purchasing upcoming volumes of HxB

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Since Hayate X Blade is now being published by Shueisha, the rights are currently in a sticky situation.

Charming Ice

Post by Charming Ice »

Adam Arnold wrote:Since Hayate X Blade is now being published by Shueisha, the rights are currently in a sticky situation.
Tell those fisheaters they'll get rich! I'll buy everything! #obsessed ^:)^

Oveneise

Post by Oveneise »

So is it safe to assume that Seven Seas will not be releasing volumes 7-9, and if they were to get a stateside release, it'd be under a different publisher?
Take his BED.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Oveneise wrote:So is it safe to assume that Seven Seas will not be releasing volumes 7-9, and if they were to get a stateside release, it'd be under a different publisher?
It's not in the cards for right now, but we do have some other exciting announcements coming up.

Surrender Artist

Post by Surrender Artist »

Adam Arnold wrote:
Oveneise wrote:So is it safe to assume that Seven Seas will not be releasing volumes 7-9, and if they were to get a stateside release, it'd be under a different publisher?
It's not in the cards for right now, but we do have some other exciting announcements coming up.
That's disappointing, but so it goes. Besides the practical reasons pertaining to the change of publishers and whatever else influenced events, history has shown me that I can't have nice things. Erica Friedman's infectiously enthusiastic raving over the title finally made me buy the first omnibus when I came across it in a Barnes & Noble, then reading that made me dash out to get the second as soon as I could. It was all a really entertaining, fun read. It also lacked or had trivial amounts of fanservice, which I found extremely refreshing. I liked it, I want more, especially given that those same ravings give promising tastes of future volumes. Besides, the last chapter was rude enough to end in the middle of a fight.

Suffice to say that if you ever are able to publish further volumes, I will be quick to buy them. (I meant to to write a short letter to this effect of the foregoing since part of my brain apparently exists in a parallel reality where it's perpetually 1896, but I couldn't find a mailing address, so this post will do instead) I suppose that in the meantime I'll either have to learn Japanese to read the originals or just wait and hope for more some day.

(I know that there are 'other means', but I don't really like to use those)

Zeether

Post by Zeether »

I registered on here just to say this, but I would definitely love to see more of the series get released here. I bought omnibus 1 on a whim and enjoyed it to death, and will be getting the second one as well. It would be dreadful if we couldn't get more volumes all because of a publisher change on Japan's side.

Oveneise

Post by Oveneise »

Just finished Omnibus #2 of Hayate. And... AHHH... You guys, please... try to work out a licensing deal with the current rights holders! It'd be a shame if no more books of this great series were unable to come over to America or elsewhere because of rights issues. It truly is one of the better manga series I've read in a while. And scans aren't convinent enough (who wants to take their laptop in the bathroom to read manga? Not me!). So, Seven Seas, I salute you guys for getting this stuff over seas. Fantastic stuff. Try to work out a licensing deal - this is a truly great series!
Take his BED.

Vanilla-San

Post by Vanilla-San »

I have to agree with most of the posts here, HxB is a truely fantastic series. One of the funniest I've read in a long long time - it'd be a crying shame if volumes 7+ weren't released over here.
Scans really don't do the series justice at all, so I'd much rather have the volumes themselves to read and laugh over.
We know you're still having trouble with the rights, but are you at least still trying to work something out? It's been a while since we heard anything from you guys.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Vanilla-San wrote:We know you're still having trouble with the rights, but are you at least still trying to work something out? It's been a while since we heard anything from you guys.
It's not currently in the cards.

kerero gunso.

Post by kerero gunso. »

please please please release the next HCB i really want to see what happens next and it was one of my favorite mangas from the very minute i opened it just pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase release the next one i know it will be a best seller. please?

Zeether

Post by Zeether »

All we can do right now is wait and see. Rights issues tend to be tough especially when a company is loyal to another one like Shueisha is with Viz.