REQUEST THREAD: What Manga Should Seven Seas License Next?

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Are you still licensing webcomics (like Chugworth?) If so I would like to see The Phoenix Requiem printed by Seven Seas :happyhappy:

That is, IF

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

StrateryB wrote:Are you still licensing webcomics (like Chugworth?) If so I would like to see The Phoenix Requiem printed by Seven Seas :happyhappy:

That is, IF
I remember asking about this, and the response was "We have no plans at the time" (I think). Situation most likely could have changed.

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

DawnBandit wrote:
StrateryB wrote:Are you still licensing webcomics (like Chugworth?) If so I would like to see The Phoenix Requiem printed by Seven Seas :happyhappy:

That is, IF
I remember asking about this, and the response was "We have no plans at the time" (I think). Situation most likely could have changed.
Seriously? Man, I hope they changed their mind...

SniperX

Post by SniperX »

Spice and Wolf, if either the manga or the novels made it here (though both would be best!), I would be a very happy person (and,judging from the responses, I won't be the only one :happyhappy: ).

I'm a huge Fate/Stay Night fans, I personally find it to be one of the best series to come out in a long while. As you may know, there is both a manga and light novel of the series covering different parts of the story (the Light novel, Fate/Zero, tells the prequel to the VN/anime. The manga is an adaptation of the visual novel). I hope I'm not the only one who wishes to see a legit stateside release. Who's with me!

CMB

Post by CMB »

SniperX wrote:Spice and Wolf, if either the manga or the novels made it here (though both would be best!), I would be a very happy person (and,judging from the responses, I won't be the only one :happyhappy: ).
I would happily buy both from Seven Seas. :sweat: :happyhappy: :happyhappy:

Ichigo69

Post by Ichigo69 »

Reiterating mine from the thread with "Extreme Douchebaggery" (LOL Adam ^_^ )

I'd love to see Kuchibiru Tameiki Sakurairo
くちびるためいきさくらいろ
Kiss, Sigh, and Cherry Blossoms Pink licensed.
Wikipedia wrote:Kuchibiru Tameiki Sakurairo is a collection of seven one-shot manga chapters by the manga author Milk Morinaga. The first chapter was originally serialized in the Japanese shōjo yuri manga anthology magazine Yuri Shimai on June 28, 2003, published by Sun Magazine. Serialization continued in the magazine until chapter five on November 17, 2004, which was the last published issue of Yuri Shimai. The publication of new chapters was halted until July 18, 2005 when the sixth chapter was published in Yuri Shimai's sucessor Comic Yuri Hime, published by Ichijinsha. The seventh and final chapter was published on October 18, 2005. The chapters were later collected into a single bound volume which went on sale on January 18, 2006.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuchibiru_ ... _Sakurairo
I think it'd be a great addition ^__^

Also... Simoun and Blue Drop would be complete and total win....
[img]http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/25/rikanonipaasmrt2.jpg[/img]
Nope... Not a thing.

Matt122005

Post by Matt122005 »

SPICE AND WOLF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Matt :)

Vatina

Post by Vatina »

Zamppa wrote:Spice & Wolf
Fate/Zero
Yeah, I'd love to see those two as well. Especially the second one :P

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Re: Sailor Moon

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Piper-Halliwell wrote:You should license Sailor Moon. Tokyo-pop had the rights back when they were called Mixx, but the books are all out of the print. (They also did a bad job; they flipped all of the artwork and changed some of the character names to make it more American.)

I don't think anyone currently has the rights to translate it.
No foreign company can get the rights to any form of Sailor Moon. Sorry to say it, but don't expect the manga, anime (or musicals or whatever) to appear outside of Japan anytime soon (if ever). The series is in rights hell.