REQUEST THREAD: What Manga Should Seven Seas License Next?

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Crazyj21990

Re: REQUEST THREAD: What Manga Should Seven Seas License Nex

Post by Crazyj21990 »

Just out of curiousity, how long does it normally take to license certain requests for certain titles? I'm just wondering. I'm not being impatient, rude, or anything of the sort. I'm just wondering.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Crazyj21990 wrote:Just out of curiousity, how long does it normally take to license certain requests for certain titles? I'm just wondering. I'm not being impatient, rude, or anything of the sort. I'm just wondering.
This thread is used for suggesting titles that fans would like to see get an official English-language print release. We look at the titles people post, but we can't guarantee we'll license any of the series that are suggested as not everything will sell in our market.

Crazyj21990

Post by Crazyj21990 »

I can understand that. I was just wondering out of curiousity and I apologize for asking that question on this thread. I will still use this thread only for requests as it should be used. That is, if I have any.

Crazyj21990

Post by Crazyj21990 »

I would still like to see you guys license Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary (Hitomi-Sensei No Hokenshitsu). It's already up to four chapters and I hope that that will be enough for it to be license for the first volume. If not, I can understand that you guys would need to wait for it to get more chapters. After all it's still ongoing and the first volume is going to be released in Japan in March 2014 according to Chapter 4 of the title on Batoto.net. Also, I think that this title would be a good addition to all of the other monster girl titles that you've licensed so far. For more information on this title please see one of my previous posts where I first mentioned this title.

Nermie

Post by Nermie »

I love it. D-Frag! got licensed. That manga is comedy GOLD. If it sells well, the same mangaka has another gag manga ( http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=76699 ) about an inept demon lord and the heroes who tried to defeat her locked in some pocket dimension. Also, still hoping Seven Seas will license Method ( http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=51312 ). It's a REALLY good story... and it's got SCIENCE.

Caboov

Post by Caboov »

Personally, I think you would strike gold with The World God Only Knows. I've heard it's a problem for you guys if there are more than 10 volumes, but the series is so popular, and the story is so good and there's already an anime, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I also second Super Dreadnought Girl 4946. I would buy a professionally done version. No doubt.

I'm keeping up with Fuku Neko and while I think it's a fine and perverted tale, I don't think it's worth publishing in English. There's nothing that really stands out about it.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Caboov wrote:Personally, I think you would strike gold with The World God Only Knows. I've heard it's a problem for you guys if there are more than 10 volumes, but the series is so popular, and the story is so good and there's already an anime, so it shouldn't be a problem.
It's Shogakukan, so only VIZ could ever put that out.

Weertangel

Post by Weertangel »

I would love to see old titles from dead Tokyopop brought out once more like Qwaser of Stigmata and Becouse I'm the Goddess! :)

Nermie

Post by Nermie »

While I wouldn't mind to see Seven Seas pick up some old Tokyopop titles (I'm sure I have a few defunct ones myself), I somehow doubt it'll happen this late in the game. While these titles may have a fan following of some sort, I doubt that would be enough to sustain adequate sales numbers and cover the cost of licensing and production. Best to look towards future titles that are popular and have cross-marketing capability (manga/anime/game/etc). I'm hoping that Method (in my previous post) gets an anime sometime so they can take my suggestion more seriously myself. :D

ambrotos

Post by ambrotos »

I am not aware of who is publishing it in Japan, but Gokukoku no brynhilder is by the same author as Elfen Lied and is an amazing series so far. I would love to have this released in the US so I could read/own the physical copies.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

ambrotos wrote:I am not aware of who is publishing it in Japan, but Gokukoku no brynhilder is by the same author as Elfen Lied and is an amazing series so far. I would love to have this released in the US so I could read/own the physical copies.
Shueisha puts it out, so nobody but Viz has a shot at this.

Adva

Post by Adva »

This is one of my favorites and I would love to see it get licensed in the U.S It really is an amazing series.

Akumetsu ( http://myanimelist.net/manga/1101/Akumetsu , http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=397 )

Karharot

Post by Karharot »

Bitter Virgin by Kusunoki Kei (4 volumes, complete)

Dark Air by Park Min-seo (7 volumes, ongoing)

Fate/Stay Night by Type-Moon / Nishiwaki Datto (20 volumes, complete, 12 volumes were done by Tokyopop)

Gate - Jietai Kare no Chi nite, Kaku Tatakeri by Yanai Takumi / Sao Satoru (3 volumes, ongoing)

Honeymoon Salad by Ninomiya Hikaru (5 volumes, complete)

Kiba no Tabishounin - The Arms Peddler by Nanatsuki Kyoichi / Night Owl (6 volumes, ongoing)

Rebirth by Lee Kang-Woo (26 volumes, complete, 23 volumes were done by Tokyopop)

Teppuu by Oota Moare (5 volumes, ongoing)

The Legend of Maian by Lim Dall-Young / Jeong Soo Cheol (14 volumes, currently on hiatus)

Yesterday o Utatte by Toume Kei (9 volumes, ongoing)

Yureka by Son Hee-Joon / Kim Youn Kyung (41 volumes, complete, 12 volumes were released by Tokyopop)

Some of them were already mentioned in this topic before, I wasn't sure whether or not to list them again among my own propositions but since I like them I decided tu put them here. Sorry in advance if I shouldn't.

TheFrostDude

Post by TheFrostDude »

Recently read these manga and I just can't get enough of it, just check them out.

1. Nukoduke by YUGI Iro
2. Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu by INOUE Kenji and MATTAKU Moosuke

DrewHLMW

Post by DrewHLMW »

If you can why not look into starting some sort of Shonen Champion line? After seeing the Yowamushi Pedal anime I've gotten really interested in what's in that magazine, but it gets so little attention which is disappointing. I think a manga called "Versus Earth" running in the magazine looks really cool.

with Bleach and Naruto appraoching their end and Viz being pretty much reluctant to license anything like Beelzebub, Ansatsu Kyoushiro or Kuroko no Basket now is the time to strike and find that next big shonen hit!