REQUEST THREAD: What Manga Should Seven Seas License Next?

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Ichigo69

Re: Sailor Moon

Post by Ichigo69 »

Adam Arnold wrote:No foreign company can get the rights to any form of Sailor Moon. Sorry to say it, but don't expect the manga, anime (or musicals or whatever) to appear outside of Japan anytime soon (if ever). The series is in rights hell.
Adam, has Toei or whomever currently has the rights ever said why this is the case? I already knew that everyone was out of luck as far as SM went, but I've never heard any reason why they did it... Your "rights hell" is the first time I've heard any sort of reason.... what exactly is going on, if anybody actually knows, that is >_<
[img]http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/25/rikanonipaasmrt2.jpg[/img]
Nope... Not a thing.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Ichigo69 wrote:
Adam Arnold wrote:No foreign company can get the rights to any form of Sailor Moon. Sorry to say it, but don't expect the manga, anime (or musicals or whatever) to appear outside of Japan anytime soon (if ever). The series is in rights hell.
Adam, has Toei or whomever currently has the rights ever said why this is the case? I already knew that everyone was out of luck as far as SM went, but I've never heard any reason why they did it... Your "rights hell" is the first time I've heard any sort of reason.... what exactly is going on, if anybody actually knows, that is >_<
As far as everyone has heard, Naoko Takeuchi herself doesn't want Sailor Moon licensed outside of Japan.

Ichigo69

Post by Ichigo69 »

Adam Arnold wrote: As far as everyone has heard, Naoko Takeuchi herself doesn't want Sailor Moon licensed outside of Japan.
I guess that's the price we pay for completely butchering a great manga and anime. This is why we can't have nice things.....
Nope... Not a thing.

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

I'll second the Kiddy Grade novels especially with the news of a second 'series' of Kiddy Grade anime in the works.
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

Ichigo69

Post by Ichigo69 »

Hopefully you guys are already on this, but whomever gets the new Rozen Maiden series that's just started in Young Jump is gonna make money hand over fist....

You have a choice
1. Wind.
2. Do not Wind.

Oh, btw, since Shueisha is now re-issuing the old RM manga instead of Gentousha, does that mean that somebody else besides Tokyopop could actually get a license and do a DECENT translation this time?
Nope... Not a thing.

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Shiroi Hane wrote:Well, I'd like to see English translations of all the novels (and anime) I have that I can't read, so pretty much everything here, in particular:

Gemini Knives novels
Kiddy Grade Vs. manga
Kiddy Grade Pr. novels
Uta Kata manga
Kiddy Grade Reverse manga
Kiddy Grade novels 1-2

Of course, I'd like the other novels also but they are mostly short story compilations and less of a stand-alone nature.

I wouldn't object to a license rescue of the Junk Force novels as DrMaster never got beyond volume 3.
I second(or third..) the Kiddy Grade, I know alot of people who didn't like Kiddy Grade but it was very interesting to me and I wish to see more

Matt122005

Post by Matt122005 »

SPICE AND WOLF!!!!!

Oh, and also GOSICK vol. 2-6. TokyoPop has canceled the series, so SevenSeas can hopefully pick it right up and continue the wonderful series.

Also, SHAKUGAN NO SHANA. Viz has no plans to release anymore volumes of it. So, maybe SevenSeas can pick this title up?

-Matt :)

Vatina

Post by Vatina »

Matt122005 wrote: Also, SHAKUGAN NO SHANA. Viz has no plans to release anymore volumes of it. So, maybe SevenSeas can pick this title up?
What? I didn't know that... I really liked those books ;_;

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

garra113 wrote:The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya please :D.
Yen Press has that series.