REQUEST THREAD: What Manga Should Seven Seas License Next?

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

garra113 wrote:Umm. I jumped over to Yen Press website and did see that they are doing the manga for it. Is it possible for this site to do the Light Novel or no since Yen is only doing manga?
No.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

FireChick wrote:I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the novel series called "The Third". The anime is licensed by the same company that licensed the Haruhi and Lucky Star anime (Kadokawa USA, not Bandai).
Tokyopop has "The Third."

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

Adam Arnold wrote:
FireChick wrote:I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the novel series called "The Third". The anime is licensed by the same company that licensed the Haruhi and Lucky Star anime (Kadokawa USA, not Bandai).
Tokyopop has "The Third."
They have the manga, but the light novels are still unlicensed AFAIK.

cu
59cobalt
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

akizakura wrote:Forget Fate/Zero and just go straight for the visual novel Fate/Stay Night! Come on SevenSeas, fill the void Hirameki left!

What? I can dream, can't I?
No.

SniperX

Post by SniperX »

akizakura wrote:
Zamppa wrote:Spice & Wolf
Fate/Zero
Forget Fate/Zero and just go straight for the visual novel Fate/Stay Night! Come on SevenSeas, fill the void Hirameki left!

What? I can dream, can't I?
I have been playing the Fate/Stay Night visual novel (thanks to Mirrormoon!), I just began the Unlimited Blade Works scenario a few days ago. This Visual Novel is just as amazing as I thought it would be. It's a shame that these are so niche in the US, though it appears the genre is growing! Especially considering the Princess Waltz was licensed, which was one of the biggies that was even compared to Fate/Stay Night (hell, Chris Northfield looks just like Saber!). Hence why I originally requested to bring over Fate/Zero, that way it would be possible for all of the Fate fans to get the full story. Since that's really the only way it can happen (the prequel is only told via this 4-volume series, there's no other way to get this information. It's not like it's told in any of the Visual Novels.) And it looks like I'm not the only one who thinks this!

Even if 7C's were to, by some epic miracle, go into the VN business (which is never going to happen :P). The licensing cost of Fate/Stay Night Visual Novel, being the fastest and highest selling VN in the history of the industry (no, I'm not making that up either!), would put 7C's out of business... several times over! :sweat:

But hey, there is nothing wrong with dreaming. Who knows, maybe one day they'll actually come true! :mrgreen:

That being said... I would like to reiterate the request Fate/Zero, it would be an awesome addition to the R1 area! And you know you want to license it, it's Saber, what's not to like!:happyhappy:

/fanboy rant

afireinside

Post by afireinside »

Bitter Virgin. This is my fav romance manga

darkchibi07

Post by darkchibi07 »

Henduluin wrote:
Girlfriends seems like it would make a nice sevenseas title, but I believe it's a bi-monthly release and it only has 12 or 13 chapters so far, so I'm not sure how well that'd go.
Yeah, the slow release can be a pretty big hinder. Though if Seven Seas wants to get a jump start with Milk Morinaga, the one-shot compilation Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry Blossom Pinkshould suffice very well.

CMB

Post by CMB »

Henduluin wrote:There are a couple of Light Novel series I'd love to get my hands on:

- Wolf and Spice
- Seirei no Moribito

Also, I'd really like to see someone pick up the canned Tokyopop novels like Scrapped Princess and Gosick...

In terms of manga, there's actually very little:

Ai-Ren is something I'd really like to see licensed, but contains 18+ stuff, so I doubt it'll ever happen.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
Probably one of the best slice-of-life series out there.

Lastly, Mx0 is another one I'd like to see. Really too bad it got canned halfway through the story due to lack of popularity in Japan, it had the potential to rival One Piece and the other great shounen action series.
I would like to second these titles, But Seirei no Moribito novels are out on the Arthur A. Levine/ Scholastic imprint. The title of the first one is Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit by Nahoko Uehashi ISBN: 978-0-545-00542-5. Please give it a read as the more copies sold the better chance we will see more. :R

SniperX

Post by SniperX »

Henduluin wrote:There are a couple of Light Novel series I'd love to get my hands on:
- Wolf and Spice
- Fate/Zero (Fate/stay-night is fine too. *hinthint*)
In terms of manga, there's actually very little
Second'd! These are two titles that are worthy enough to,IMO, warrant a region 1 release! Especially the second one, for reason I already explain about a dozen time thoughtout various topics:P (plus, It's ONLY 4 volumes! :sweat:)

As for the bolded, I assume your talking about the Fate/Stay Night manga. Unfortunantly, it would be impossible for 7C's to acquire it! The reason being is that Tokyopop (not my personal #1 choice for this particular series though.) has already snagged the license for it! Here is the original sauce for it
During the third quarter Tokyopop is also planning to release the seinen Fate/stay night manga, which is based on the Fate/stay night visual novel/game, rather than on the popular Fate/stay night anime that Geneon was releasing here in North America. Manga-ka Nishiwaki Datto has drawn all five volumes of the Fate/stay night manga, which is still ongoing in Japan. So far the manga has been focused solely on the 'Unlimited Blade Works' scenario of the game.
Note: Currently, the manga seems to have most of it's focus on the Fate scenario (Fate= Saber&Emiya, Unlimited Blade Works=Archer&Rin, Heaven Feel=Ms.Matou, for those who may not know.)

In addition, it has been confirmed that it made the cut.
These are what made the cut in July, many of which are offered-again titles:

PET SHOP OF HORRORS TOKYO GN VOL 03 (MR)
PET SHOP OF HORRORS TOKYO GN VOL 01 (MR)
PET SHOP OF HORRORS TOKYO GN VOL 02 (O/A) (MR)
CHIBI VAMPIRE GN VOL 01 (OF 13) (O/A) (MR)
CHIBI VAMPIRE GN VOL 02 (OF 13) (MR)
CHIBI VAMPIRE GN VOL 03 (OF 13) (MR)
CHIBI VAMPIRE GN VOL 04 (OF 13) (O/A) (MR)
CHIBI VAMPIRE GN VOL 05 (OF 13) (O/A) (MR)
CHIBI VAMPIRE GN VOL 06 (OF 13) (MR)
CHIBI VAMPIRE GN VOL 07 (OF 13) (MR)
CHIBI VAMPIRE GN VOL 08 (OF 13) (MR)
CHIBI VAMPIRE GN VOL 09 (OF 13) (O/A) (MR)
CHIBI VAMPIRE NOVEL VOL 01 (OF 9) (O/A) (C: 1-0-0)
CHIBI VAMPIRE NOVEL VOL 02 (OF 9)
CHIBI VAMPIRE NOVEL VOL 03 (OF 9)
CHIBI VAMPIRE NOVEL VOL 04 (OF 9)
CHIBI VAMPIRE NOVEL VOL 05 (OF 9) (O/A)
I LUV HALLOWEEN GN VOL 01 (OF 3) (O/A) (MR)
I LUV HALLOWEEN GN VOL 02 (OF 3) (MR)
I LUV HALLOWEEN GN VOL 03 (OF 3) (O/A) (MR)
BIZENGHAST GN VOL 01 (OF 5) (O/A)
BIZENGHAST GN VOL 02 (OF 5)
BIZENGHAST GN VOL 03 (OF 5)
BIZENGHAST GN VOL 04 (OF 5)
BIZENGHAST GN VOL 05 (OF 5) (O/A)
BIZENGHAST THE NOVEL VOL 01 (OF 3) (O/A)
FATE STAY NIGHT GN VOL 01 (OF 5)
GHOSTBUSTERS GN
DOT HACK SIGN GU GN VOL 03 (OF 4)
DOT HACK XXXX GN VOL 02 (OF 2)
WARCRAFT LEGENDS GN VOL 02 (OF 5)
BATTLE ROYALE ULTIMATE ED HC VOL 04 (OF 5) (MR)
DRAMACON ULTIMATE ED HC
FRUITS BASKET 18 MONTH PLANNER
GOTH NOVEL OF HORROR
KYO KARA MAOH GN VOL 01 (OF 3)
9 LIVES GN VOL 01 (OF 3)
ELEMENTAL GELADE GN VOL 09 (OF 13)
HANNAH MONTANA CINEMANGA GN VOL 06 (OF 10) (RES)
INITIAL D GN VOL 32 (OF 36)
MISSILE HAPPY GN VOL 04 (OF 5)
SILVER DIAMOND GN VOL 02
VB ROSE GN VOL 04 (OF 11)
Finally, here is a picture of the cover of the first volume. Other than the damn spine-logo (something I have ALWAYS hated from TP!!!), it's pretty good (thankfully, they kept the original cover, TP tends to change the covers on some of their series.)

/rant