REQUEST THREAD: What Manga Should Seven Seas License Next?

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Akcoll99

Post by Akcoll99 »

LordGeo wrote:
Ryokosha wrote:
Zerodaimu wrote: Seconded, and added Minami-ke.

second
Agree to both of these and would like to add again Read or Die series if it is not licensed. Oh and since SSE has the manga, the Inukami lite novel too would be cool.
Viz released all of R.O.D. (both Read or Die and Read or Dream)
Viz just released the manga. There's also a novel series, which I would enjoy as well since the novels apparently give you much more background on Yumiko than the anime or manga ever gave you.

Akcoll99

Post by Akcoll99 »

LordGeo wrote: Any manga by Akihito Yoshitomi:
Eat-Man (Viz barely got anywhere with this back before the new millenium... It could use a proper, complete release since it's easily his best work)
Companion (The manga Yoshitomi is doing now for Magazine Z; already another great from him)
I'll second these requests. Eat-Man is a great title from the late 90's/early 2000's that got unfortunately overlooked and overshadowed. I would love to see it get a second lease on life in English.

Yoshitomi's other title, RAY, was quite good too and I was sad to see ADV discontinue it after 3 volumes. With ADV, it was always hard to tell if a series was ended because of poor sales or their own managerial incompetence when it came to manga. If anybody gave RAY another chance, I would be a ready and willing customer.

CMB

Post by CMB »

Akcoll99 wrote:

I'll second these requests. Eat-Man is a great title from the late 90's/early 2000's that got unfortunately overlooked and overshadowed. I would love to see it get a second lease on life in English.

Yoshitomi's other title, RAY, was quite good too and I was sad to see ADV discontinue it after 3 volumes. With ADV, it was always hard to tell if a series was ended because of poor sales or their own managerial incompetence when it came to manga. If anybody gave RAY another chance, I would be a ready and willing customer.
I would most hardly agree. :happyhappy:

Matt122005

Post by Matt122005 »

In case you didn't know, Maria-sama ga Miteru light novels are being fan translated online. They are on vol. 2, and plan to do all 30. Just thought I'd tell you, I myself haven't read them.

I will repeat again, bring us SPICE AND WOLF!

And maybe MM! light novels too.

-Matt :)

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Ray and Eat-Man have a snowballs chance of being licensed again. They're just very iffy in the sales department.

CMB

Post by CMB »

Matt122005 wrote:
I will repeat again, bring us SPICE AND WOLF
I would buy both the light novels and the manga. :happyhappy: :catgirl:

Matt122005

Post by Matt122005 »

delete this post please
Last edited by KennethClima on Sat May 03, 2008 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matt122005

Post by Matt122005 »

I have to agree, Just like manga, holding the actual physical thing makes it so much more special. :)

CMB

Post by CMB »

Lafiel wrote:Relisting my old requests (minus the licensed ones) and adding a couple:

Light Novels
MORE BOOGIEPOP, PLEASE!
Seikai no Senki
Shounen Onmyouji
Saiunkoku Monogatari
Spice and Wolf
Allison
Lillia & Treize
Meg & Seron
Yoshinaga-san Chi no Gargoyle
Kure-nai
Ghost Hunt