[First Love Sisters] - First Love sisters

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Green_Puyo_Tea

Post by Green_Puyo_Tea »

i dun really get it, don't u get the rights to release all of the volumes once u license it? i think there is only 3 volumes, and they have all be serialized and compiled into the 3 volumes that are all out in japan now
Support the anime industry! If you really are a fan and enjoy a series, buy the DVDs, fansubs are great, but misusing them really hurts the already marginal-profited anime industry.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Licensing tends to happen in 3 volume chunks, but it can be any number.

For instance, when we licensed First Love Sisters, there was only one volume out in Japan at that point, so we could only get the rights to the first volume.

Lord Eydvar

Post by Lord Eydvar »

Adam Arnold wrote:Licensing tends to happen in 3 volume chunks, but it can be any number.

For instance, when we licensed First Love Sisters, there was only one volume out in Japan at that point, so we could only get the rights to the first volume.
Now First Love Sisters is a Comic Yuri Hime manga right?

Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Lord Eydvar wrote:
Adam Arnold wrote:Licensing tends to happen in 3 volume chunks, but it can be any number.

Now First Love Sisters is a Comic Yuri Hime manga right?
Yes it is. Volume 2 was published on 5-2-2007 and Volume 3 was published on 5-1-2008. Most Kinokuniyas in the US have them. I picked mine up in the Little Tokyo store in LA.

Bobby

GrimSage

Re: First Love sisters

Post by GrimSage »

Any chance of all three volumes of this series being re-released as an omnibus edition?

Scanlations are okay as a temporary fix, but I prefer having physical copies of the manga that I read.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

The license is in rights hell with no chance of anything beyond the first volume being released in North America.

CMB

Post by CMB »

This is very sad news. :(

a Level 0

Re: [First Love Sisters] - First Love sisters

Post by a Level 0 »

Is there any development regarding the license issue of volume 2 and 3?

In my opinion it's a really great series, I hope you guys find a way out of this situation and acquire the rights to release the last 2 volumes.

Thanks for your continuous efforts, high hopes!^^

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

a Level 0 wrote:Is there any development regarding the license issue of volume 2 and 3?

In my opinion it's a really great series, I hope you guys find a way out of this situation and acquire the rights to release the last 2 volumes.

Thanks for your continuous efforts, high hopes!^^
We have no plans to repursue the remaining volumes of this series.

a Level 0

Post by a Level 0 »

Oh, that's too bad :(

Maybe another publisher picks them up - hope dies last XD

sayanami

Post by sayanami »

Not sure if anyone will read this any time soon, but worth a try. I wanted to know if Seven seas plans to release volume 2 of first love sisters?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

sayanami wrote:Not sure if anyone will read this any time soon, but worth a try. I wanted to know if Seven seas plans to release volume 2 of first love sisters?
The series has rights issues associated with the later books that prevent volume 2 and 3 from being licensed. We tried to get them right after we released book 1, but were unable to.