[First Love Sisters] - First Love sisters

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
darkchibi07

Post by darkchibi07 »

Here's something intriguing. Probably you guys in 7Seas already know about it, but there's a third and final volume that's coming soon. I wonder what that one is going to be about.

Richard J.
Location: A paradise where Funimation saves Geneon tiles and ADV titles.

Post by Richard J. »

I always feel an ominous chill when I read the word "final."
Someday Yuri will overcome Yaoi!

[img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][b]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/b][/url]

Lord Eydvar

Post by Lord Eydvar »

YAY!!! V.2 IDK IF I CAN WAIT!!!

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

Lord Eydvar wrote:YAY!!! V.2 IDK IF I CAN WAIT!!!
I'd say you have to whether you can or not, because Seven Seas put the series on infinite hiatus (for lack of sales AFAIK).

cu
59cobalt
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

The series is on hold due to rights issues.

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

Adam Arnold wrote:The series is on hold due to rights issues.
Ah, yes, I recall now that you mentioned this in the "Talk Back" forum once. You still aren't allowed to disclose any details I take it?

cu
59cobalt
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

I truly hope these issues do work out for the best, this is a great seires, and one I would like to see more of released over here... if it helps with getting the rights, you can tell them there is at least one more fan that would snap it up the second it hits the shelves.
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

CMB

Post by CMB »

Ryokosha wrote:I truly hope these issues do work out for the best, this is a great seires, and one I would like to see more of released over here... if it helps with getting the rights, you can tell them there is at least one more fan that would snap it up the second it hits the shelves.
I couldn't agree more on this series. :sweat:

Lord Eydvar

Post by Lord Eydvar »

That sucks! In my opinion if a company is determined enough to get a manga/anime etc. liscensed in the US (or anywhere else) then they should be polite enough to release the whole thing not just one or two parts of a series. I'm still pissed that Infinity dropped 'Iono-sama'! I don't think its fair to the consumers to not release the whole series just because sales aren't as good as they think they should be. My guess is one or two series not selling well is not going to be enough to counteract the profits of the series that are selling well!

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

However, money spent is money that cannot be spent later on, would you have a company risk even five dollars if it later turns out that five dollars what stood between it licensing a title you want and not being able too?
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Lord Eydvar wrote:That sucks! In my opinion if a company is determined enough to get a manga/anime etc. liscensed in the US (or anywhere else) then they should be polite enough to release the whole thing not just one or two parts of a series. I'm still pissed that Infinity dropped 'Iono-sama'! I don't think its fair to the consumers to not release the whole series just because sales aren't as good as they think they should be. My guess is one or two series not selling well is not going to be enough to counteract the profits of the series that are selling well!
While First Love Sisters has performed slightly better than The Last Uniform, the series is caught in rights hell right now. So even if we wanted to release the 2nd volume, we can't get the rights to it. Thankfully, volume one is self-contained.

CMB

Post by CMB »

Adam Arnold wrote:
Lord Eydvar wrote:That sucks! In my opinion if a company is determined enough to get a manga/anime etc. liscensed in the US (or anywhere else) then they should be polite enough to release the whole thing not just one or two parts of a series. I'm still pissed that Infinity dropped 'Iono-sama'! I don't think its fair to the consumers to not release the whole series just because sales aren't as good as they think they should be. My guess is one or two series not selling well is not going to be enough to counteract the profits of the series that are selling well!
While First Love Sisters has performed slightly better than The Last Uniform, the series is caught in rights hell right now. So even if we wanted to release the 2nd volume, we can't get the rights to it. Thankfully, volume one is self-contained.
I can only hope this gets settled soon. :saaad:

Lord Eydvar

Post by Lord Eydvar »

Adam Arnold wrote:
Well ok I guess if you can't even get the rights to it thats one thing. I just hope that Seven Seas isn't in the habit of dropping series if the first volume(s) don't sell as well as expected.