Strawberry Panic - Difference between the novel & manga?

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

The Light Novel tells the story the way the creator originally envisioned. The manga is an abridged adaptation of the novel series with elements of the anime inserted.

Also, this forum requires users to use proper punctuation and grammar. Please review the forum rules before posting: http://www.gomanga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=491

catstigereyes

ok but dose the light novel like manga have the pics?

Post by catstigereyes »

or is it set up in book format? with words?
confused

thanks

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Stormsguard wrote:light novels were initially released in magazines a few chapters at a time. Think Shonen Jump or Shojo Jump, but with chapters of novels rather than stories. And then later released in volumes, which are usually the same size (roughly) as the manga, and interspersed with illustrations.
Strawberry Panic did begin life as a series of short stories published in a magazine, but the light novels were written for print.

True Keyblade Master

early beginnings

Post by True Keyblade Master »

Would anyone know of how one might acquire said short stories? I'm very curious now that I know from where the manga/anime rooted from...
"Theres no way you're taking Kairi's Heart!"

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Re: early beginnings

Post by Adam_Arnold »

True Keyblade Master wrote:Would anyone know of how one might acquire said short stories? I'm very curious now that I know from where the manga/anime rooted from...
My guess would be that since they're short stories that were later revised into full novels, you would have to track down copies of the original magazines that they ran in. Erica Friedman over at Okazu (it's a yuri blog) might be the best person to ask about this.
Last edited by Giz on Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Erica doesn't hate Strawberry Panic. She just hardcore enough to know that it's a satire on yuri series in general. Even so, Okazu is the best place to go if you want yuri news and reviews.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Koro wrote:
Adam Arnold wrote:Erica doesn't hate Strawberry Panic. She just hardcore enough to know that it's a satire on yuri series in general. Even so, Okazu is the best place to go if you want yuri news and reviews.
If you're so sure that the SP authors wrote it as a satire/parody, why didn't you write it on the volumes you published?
On the volumes and on your website is described as a normal yuri series.
Does this mean that you were deceiving us?
Dude, seriously... what is up with you today? Chill the frak out a little.

None of us even knew Strawberry Panic was a satire/parody of Maria-sama until it was pointed out to us. It's just how this kind of thing happens. I mean, Andrew Cunningham, the Boogiepop god that he is, didn't even pick up on some of the Prince references in that series until someone else noticed it. It's just the nature of dealing with material from another country sometimes.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Koro wrote:But, about that, the fact that SP should be a satire was officially pointed out by the authors or it's just an interpretation of that woman?
http://okazu.blogspot.com/2008/01/yuri- ... ume-1.html