Ballad of a Shinigami

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
SniperX

Post by SniperX »

KIRA92 wrote:Hi, i just joined and i was wondering when the third volume of Ballad of a shinigami will come out,

Thanks for replying
We're all wondering the same thing too... but as of now, never.

Matt122005

Post by Matt122005 »

They weren't dropped. They simply can't release another volume or they will ONLY lose money.

So, we have to get more copies of it sold in order to see volume 3. Were not lazy, I don't think (lol), so lets get the word out there. k?

The story isn't about DEATH.

It's about the people that GET affected by death, not the actual people that die.

So basicly, read the first story in volume 1 and you'll get a good idea of what kind of book it is.

-Matt :)

shinigamilover

Ballad of a Shinigami

Post by shinigamilover »

I read parts of Ballad of a Shinigami and it wasn't that bad. Also, I'm new to the forums, Hello. :happyhappy:

randomguy ver. 2

Post by randomguy ver. 2 »

I saw a copy of volume 2 at my local borders. Should I buy it? I know light novels are a good investment (lol), but that aside, would I be able to "get" whats going on without voume 1?
(Incidentally, this borders also had vols 1 of the manga and LN of SP, which I also picked up)

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

randomguy ver. 2 wrote:I saw a copy of volume 2 at my local borders. Should I buy it? I know light novels are a good investment (lol), but that aside, would I be able to "get" whats going on without voume 1?
(Incidentally, this borders also had vols 1 of the manga and LN of SP, which I also picked up)
I'd probably recommend watching the anime and then reading the novel just so you have some idea of what to expect. But the stories are largely self-contained.

Ashandorath

Post by Ashandorath »

I'd probably recommend watching the anime
there's an english version of the anime?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Ashandorath wrote:
I'd probably recommend watching the anime
there's an english version of the anime?
Bost Digital Entertainment did digital download versions in Australia and New Zealand. But I'm sure most people would just try to track down the old fansubs.

Pijon

Post by Pijon »

Hehe:D I wanted to buy it for christmas, but when I asked the shop where I usually buy my english books, They said : "We found the vol 1 and vol 2 in used condition. But their price is terribly high. It's 144$/book without postage."

Any idea where can I buy them online in new condition?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Pijon wrote:Hehe:D I wanted to buy it for christmas, but when I asked the shop where I usually buy my english books, They said : "We found the vol 1 and vol 2 in used condition. But their price is terribly high. It's 144$/book without postage."

Any idea where can I buy them online in new condition?
Anime Corner Store:
http://www.animecornerstore.com/baofshbno.html

Ashandorath

Post by Ashandorath »

edit2: book depository seems to have it as well, chances are shipping is free as well.

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/97 ... -Shinigami

if you don't mind paying a lot in shipping, amazon.de still has one copy

http://www.amazon.de/Ballad-Shinigami-2 ... 818&sr=8-2

edit: if you need help translating something/don't understand german send me a pm, or post here.

Tari

Re: Ballad of a Shinigami

Post by Tari »

As this light novel series is on indefinite hiatus, I was thinking about picking up some of the Japanese ones.

My Japanese proficiency is pretty questionable, though, so I was wondering how difficult the writing/reading/comprehension (etc., since I obviously can't think of the right word) was for this series.

Any help would be appreciated. :P

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Tari wrote:As this light novel series is on indefinite hiatus, I was thinking about picking up some of the Japanese ones.

My Japanese proficiency is pretty questionable, though, so I was wondering how difficult the writing/reading/comprehension (etc., since I obviously can't think of the right word) was for this series.

Any help would be appreciated. :P
I don't think you'd find it an enjoyable experience if you aren't able to read Japanese well enough. The novels are just that... page after page of vertical columns of text with the rare full-page illustration. Unlike a manga, a light novel will be quite a daunting experience. Might as well use your time and money on something else more enjoyable.

kushieda

Post by kushieda »

I hear Strawberry Panic light novels will get an omnibus! Is this a test to see how well it'll sell for the other light novels? Are there any plans to do similar onmibus's for Shinigami no Ballad or Boogiepop?