[KASHIMASHI] confusion - can't find books in stores

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

barman_santosa wrote:Gah... still no copy anywhere... I'm getting really impatient... :saaad:
Lord Styphon wrote:Just order it online.

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

Lord Styphon wrote:
barman_santosa wrote:Gah... still no copy anywhere... I'm getting really impatient... :saaad:
That may not necessarily help. This Wednesday I was notified by Amazon (Germany) that shipping of my pre-ordered copy of Kashimashi 3 would be delayed until November. Which probably is just a very conservative estimate, but still.

cu
59cobalt
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

59cobalt wrote:
Lord Styphon wrote:
That may not necessarily help. This Wednesday I was notified by Amazon (Germany) that shipping of my pre-ordered copy of Kashimashi 3 would be delayed until November. Which probably is just a very conservative estimate, but still.

cu
59cobalt
Amazon does some strange things at times. They had one of the other manga I was buying saying release date September, I canceled the order and suddenly the same link was showing me released and only two copies left. That is Amazon.com anyway, might be the same on Amazon Germany.
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

Ryokosha wrote:
59cobalt wrote:This Wednesday I was notified by Amazon (Germany) that shipping of my pre-ordered copy of Kashimashi 3 would be delayed until November. Which probably is just a very conservative estimate, but still.
Amazon does some strange things at times. They had one of the other manga I was buying saying release date September, I canceled the order and suddenly the same link was showing me released and only two copies left. That is Amazon.com anyway, might be the same on Amazon Germany.
More or less. Anyway, they notified me that my copy was shipped today, so it should be here by the end of the week. Wai~!

cu
59cobalt
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)

CMB

Post by CMB »

I think you will enjoy the new twists and turns in this one. :happyhappy:

Daily Chapter

Finding Kashimashi

Post by Daily Chapter »

If you happen to live in Northwest Indiana, try looking in the Borders store in SouthLake Mall on Route 30. That's where I find the Kashimashi manga all the time. If you don't, then request a catalog from Right Stuf International. I've been looking in the manga section of their Spring 2008 Anime Catalog and I found all five volumes for sale right there on page 61. You can request the catalog at their website, and by purchasing it from the catalog you won't have to worry about shopping online. You'll be shopping throuh the mail. And you don't have to worry about any scams, Right Stuf is real. A number of times I tried to buy something that they were sold out of and they sent me my money back. Every penny, no bullshit. Now I know you might think it's strange for me to have any interest in a shojo title since I'm a guy, but I do like shojo just as much as shonen. In fact, if it weren't for the shojo title Sailor Moon, I would never have gotten interested in anime and manga at all. Besides, all of that constant fighting and violence in shonen titles get on my nerves after a while since I happen to hate violence, and shojo is an excellent non-violent alternative. So I guess you could say that I'm just like Hazumu in a lot of ways, the boy version of him. I was never turned into a girl by aliens.

Bobster

Post by Bobster »

I was recently looking for volume five. Out of 5 Barns and Nobles visited only one had a copy. Out of 4 Borders visited none had a copy. Out of 3 Lone Star Comics visited none had a copy. I live in Dallas and would not have expected this with so many stores available. I ran into the same problem when trying to buy He is my master. I seem to have just lucked into them at one store. Only 2 of the above had them at all.

Bobby

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Many bookstores are limiting their stock levels right now and not doing as much reordering. If you'd like to go ahead and get a copy of Kashimashi Vol. 5 without having to special order it through a store, Amazon and some other places online do have it in stock:

http://www.amazon.com/Kashimashi-5-v-Sa ... 688&sr=8-3

Daily Chapter

Here's some helpful tips.

Post by Daily Chapter »

They must be doing that because of the holidays. Either that or because the economy's so bad that they don't have the money, though I'm more inclined to think the former :happyhappy: . Here are some places you could try ordering from. I use them myself all the time so I know they're reliable. Right Stuf.com and Anime Castle.com, though I think you'd be better off with Anime Castle since they tend to keep things longer.
My record, on the record, clearly states, that I have no record, off the record, make a record of that.

Catboy Nya

Re:

Post by Catboy Nya »

barman_santosa wrote:Finally found a copy... I had to drive to a remote Borders to get it... The one that's local is still waiting for the shipment.
Borders, yeah that's where I found it too. I was down in Chicago. We don't have one where live up in MI, just a B&N.