Kanokon?

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

XYZeke wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Kanokon is gone from the novel list!!!!
And now for those of us who still failed to notice:

Seven Seas. Stopped. Publishing. Light novels. Period.

Live with it.

cu
59cobalt
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

At least for now as Adam has said the market does not support light novels.

To all that have not seen what 59cobalt has cited yet, understand none of us like it, but for now with the economy in the tank it isn't likely the market will suddenly appear no matter how much we might desire it too.
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

Anime Freak

Kanokon

Post by Anime Freak »

Has Seven Seas officially canceled the Kanokon light novels? If so, is there a chance Seven Seas could pick the license up once more if and when they start making light novels again? I understand the reason Seven Seas stopped making light novels is because there wasn't enough profits being made from them. If the market for light novels doesn't change would it be possible to start publishing the Kanokon manga intsead? That would be great too!

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

We currently have no plans to put out the Kanokon light novels. They just wouldn't sell.

catstigereyes

humm the animes one reason it might not have made a selling

Post by catstigereyes »

there's some things in the anime that would stop it from being released in the states at the current state of affairs. weather it would sell or not.

wong

Post by wong »

so whats the deal with kanokon Dec. 31st release? is it out or is it put on hold?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

wong wrote:so whats the deal with kanokon Dec. 31st release? is it out or is it put on hold?
That release date is an error. Websites do temp listings for books and just create a temp date when a book gets delayed to an unknown release date.

Currently, we're trying to coordinate our release with the release of the Kanokon in other media.

wong

Re: Kanokon?

Post by wong »

so... its been over a year since i last visited and posted, and still no signs of kanokon. although i do give props for the toradora manga.