Kanokon?

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Kawada

Post by Kawada »

Judging from the information pages on Kanokon and the other light novels (as well as the lack of any novels now on the "manga release dates" list), I'd say the Light Novel line has been delayed indefinitely, at least for now. I know the release dates changed at least once previously. They're most likely just waiting until they can set a firm release date.

Or something like that...

(BTW, Kanokon is the series I'm looking forward to the most too!)
Yuri basically just proves that there's an ever-lessening need for men. Not that I don't like it or anything...

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Yes, the launch of Seven Seas' new Light Novel imprint has been pushed back to the Fall '07 so we have a better chance to promote the titles and ensure the line's success. We have some very exciting things in the works, so pushing the Light Novels back was the right choice. We know everyone is dying to read these books, so we hope you can hold out a little longer!

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

As long as they're still being released, I'm happy. :happyhappy:

Richard J.
Location: A paradise where Funimation saves Geneon tiles and ADV titles.

Post by Richard J. »

Harukochan wrote:As long as they're still being released, I'm happy. :happyhappy:
x2. No, wait, x10!

I'm just thankful light novels are starting to get big. Seven Seas is releasing some great ones and it looks like other companies are picking up a few choice ones too.

Also, good that it's just a delay to improve the promotion rather than one caused by some sort of costly editorial/production foul-up. I want Seven Seas to keep making good money because you guys are doing things right!
Someday Yuri will overcome Yaoi!

[img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][b]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/b][/url]

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

I am willing to wait knowing that waiting helps give time for promotion of titles that I really want to do well. :happyhappy:
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

Is it? Woah! Now I have a novel and an anime to collect. Oh my poor wallet. :sweat:
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

GoggleHead

Post by GoggleHead »

KANOKON seem's pretty interesting i heard from a friend it goes down the whole love hina route. i have seen it yet just read about it but if it's like love hina i can't wait.
Adventure Awaits

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

From what I've heard it has similarities but it also has a magical aspect to it beyond what the preview page hints at, so it will be very interesting to see how all of it plays out.

Richard J.
Location: A paradise where Funimation saves Geneon tiles and ADV titles.

Post by Richard J. »

Any idea when there will be an estimated release date for this one?
Someday Yuri will overcome Yaoi!

[img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][b]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/b][/url]

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

InsertNameHere wrote:What the hell is going on with with the release of Kanokon? It's quite ridiculous how long it's been held for and still no mention of it's release date.
The market can't support them right now.

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

This is one of those novels (along with Zero's Familiar and Gun Princess) I am really looking forward to seeing, but also want to do successful, so if it takes a bit more time I guess that is for the best... I just hope the market will be able to support them sooner rather then later.