Tetragrammaton Labyrinth

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Given that Seven Seas got its start by creating original titles and we are manga fans ourselves, Seven Seas is very much against censorship. We do not tone down manga or censor artwork.

Also, Tetragrammaton Labyrinth is a part of our new STRAWBERRY line of Yuri manga titles which focus on girl/girl relationships and this particular book will be rated Older Teen. As for the content, it's in league with gothic horror titles like Hellsing, so expect that type of action and violence. But again, it won't be censored.

CMB

Post by CMB »

That is good to know. :!: :happyhappy: :happyhappy:

Richard J.
Location: A paradise where Funimation saves Geneon tiles and ADV titles.

Post by Richard J. »

Out of curiousity, was there any hesitation to license this particular title given that the artist-creator Ei Itou has also done some hentai? Also, am I the only one here who encountered the Ei Itou's hentai before hearing about this less hardcore title?

Personally, I was kind of impressed with the hentai which is part of why I'm looking forward to this title's release.
Someday Yuri will overcome Yaoi!

[img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblack.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][b]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/b][/url]

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

This book just has some nice blood and gore (and yuri subtext). It's kind of like a darker version of Chrono Crusade, actually.

CMB

Post by CMB »

OK, now you are really getting my interest up. Please keep giving us these little notes. Thank you. :happyhappy: :sweat: :happyhappy:

Richard J.

Post by Richard J. »

Adam Arnold wrote:This book just has some nice blood and gore (and yuri subtext). It's kind of like a darker version of Chrono Crusade, actually.
I know, I wasn't trying to imply it was anything extreme. I just wanted to know if the creator's hentai works had any impact on the licensing for Tetragrammaton Labyrinth.

I just thought it would be interesting to know if there was any awareness of Ei Itou having also done some hentai. Seven Seas has displayed boldness with recent licenses so I just wanted to know just how bold ya'll really are. A lot of people tend to view all of a person's works in totality rather than evaluating each individual title based on it's own merits.

Since my first exposure to the artist was through a Yuri hentai two-parter, I'm very curious to see what, if any, simularities there will be in the story-telling structure and art styles.

[url=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][b]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/b][/url]

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

The fact that he did some other work never factored into it. We were only looking at how Tetragrammaton Labyrinth would fit into our publishing line, really.

CMB

Post by CMB »

This is not a case of a publisher getting there hands dirty or not. Seven Seas is just printing the book as it was intended and nothing else. :R :R

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

Given what I've found on this series it also has a bit of humor in it, but it is very dark humor which should make it interesting humor.

Also the whole idea of a company getting their hands dirty with censorship is interesting. Personally I think companies get their hands dirty by censoring something not by releasing a title in the original form. So I also stand and cheer Seven Seas for printing this and all their other novels as they were originally written.

Oh and back to the manga itself, I think this series is going to be interesting if it is "a darker version of Chrono Crusade".
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

CMB

Post by CMB »

Thank you Ryokosha, you really understand things, This is going to be fun when it comes out. :happyhappy: :sweat: :R

Richard J.

Post by Richard J. »

Adam Arnold wrote:The fact that he did some other work never factored into it. We were only looking at how Tetragrammaton Labyrinth would fit into our publishing line, really.
That's a good way to look at things. I'm sure some companies would have had someone in marketing giving them some hypothetical "what if someone finds out and gets upset" line.

If there's one thing I am really liking about Seven Seas, aside from your high production values, it is the corporate mindset you seem to have. You don't seem to think censorship will help your sales and you don't seem to care about mythical manga protestors the way some companies do.

It's refreshing to see a company that looks at each title and judges it for it's own merits and doesn't get worked up over a little fanservice.

Ryokosha: You are quite correct in your view on censorship.

CMB

Post by CMB »

I agree and think if you don't like it don't buy it. :sweat: :happyhappy: :R