Boogiepop: The Ultimate Guide

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

That is so cool. The story is all over the place (literally), but that makes it so much more fun to read.

http://megaten.net/boogiepop/ I found another site. This one has scans of the covers of the novels.

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

Manticore is a clone of Echoes ("He" refers to it as "his child") at one point. I think Echoes was from space, and, well, just reread the little story Naoko tells Akio about Echoes.

And Echoes was, essentially, caught off guard when Saotome attacked him. None of the people in the room were expecting the Manticore's "sidekick"/boyfriend to be Saotome.

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

Well, everyone has a weakness.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

I don't recall Echoes or the Manticore ever being poisoned. Echoes was stabbed in the neck with a mechanical pencil, though.

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

The mechanical pencil had some poison made by the Manticore in it.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

In the manga, he just gets stabbed and you really don't ever know anything more than it was a mechanical pencil. He screams a bit and then kind does the whole leaping off stuff.

[mind you, I don't recall the poison as that was, for me, five Boogiepop books ago.]

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

It's in the first novel, and all they say is that the poison was made by the Manticore.

Zerodaimu

Post by Zerodaimu »

Well, based on my interpritation of the Others novel, Echos is either an angel or alien (or a mix of both, but ultimately something we cannot comprehend) and Manticore is a clone bionetically engineered to be "superior" to him.
One could also assume Manticore, being a clone (abet supior) of Echoes, had te same toxins affect her, meaning she could likely know what would effect Echoes.

doceirias

Post by doceirias »

Only way the Manticore is superior is communication. But this is why the poison worked -- it was of his flesh.
It looks like the Night Watch series will deal more with what exactly Echoes is, but I don't think either alien or angel really get close enough. He seems to be a construct sent by some higher beings beyond our imagining.
Andrew Cunningham,
Translator for Faust, Goth, The Case of the Dragon Slayer, Boogiepop, Missing, Gosick, the xxxHolic and Death Note novels, and Parasyte.
Writer for [url]http://easternstandard.pbwiki.com/[/url]

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Thank you so much for the support! We're glad you enjoyed our releases. ^_^

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

This is pretty late, but-

http://bottled-metro.net/boogiepop/index.php

VERY nice images from the artbook, and wallpapers.