Boogiepop: The Ultimate Guide

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

I mean, the image of a girl putting on a bloodstained cloak and hat seems like one that would come from one of those movies. Plus that it could almost key word: almost) be seen as Kuroda's gift to Touka that she develop 'powers', like he's passing on the torch.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Harukochan wrote:And does anyone else think that the way Boogiepop was "born" (Touka putting on Kuroda's cape and hat) sounds like something from a Tarantino movie or a spaghetti western?
I had to do a double-take when I read this comment and recheck the article since none of the articles ever said Touka put on Kuroda's cape and hat. You must be remembering something from Boogiepop Phantom, but you'll have to wait for the novel to see how it plays out there...unless Andrew cares to explain, but that'd spoil the surprise.

mangafan wrote:My question is, at the top, where the girl is sitting on top of the guys lap, who are those characters?
Takaya and Motoka from Boogiepop Dual.

QuixoticMessiah wrote:Any plans to translate the dramatic monologue?
Sorry, I can't comment on that currently.

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

I heard the bit about the cape and hat from that Boogiepop Otaku website I found. :sweat:

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

I don't think I saw the episode that happened in. :sweat: :sweat:

doceirias

Post by doceirias »

Harukochan wrote:I heard the bit about the cape and hat from that Boogiepop Otaku website I found. :sweat:
I don't specifically remember that moment, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Andrew Cunningham,
Translator for Faust, Goth, The Case of the Dragon Slayer, Boogiepop, Missing, Gosick, the xxxHolic and Death Note novels, and Parasyte.
Writer for [url]http://easternstandard.pbwiki.com/[/url]

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

That was the problem I had with the series. I used to watch it when it was on TechTV (which was annoying because of all the commercial breaks). Every Friday at midnight they would show all the episodes for that week, and that was a good arrangement, since I couldn't stay up that late on a school night. :sweat:

Sorry if I've confused any of you guys. :sweat:

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

Yeah, the last part comes out tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

The fourth and final part is online! Enjoy!

http://www.gomanga.com/news/boogiepop_04.php