New to manga

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
chrisc1978

New to manga

Post by chrisc1978 »

I have been buying anime since 2007 and I just bought my first Manga.

I tried to read manga on Crunchyroll and on other digital outlets before, its hard to explain but the experience between reading on the PC/mobile is completely different then reading from a book.
I just couldn't enjoy the manga when it was on a digital device before, I guess that why I never got into manga.
I took a chance the other day and bought Senran Kagura and really enjoyed reading it in book form, I am going to slowly start buying manga's and not waist my time with digital manga even if its free.

I decided to buy the manga's for A Certain Scientific Railgun, A Certain Scientific Accelerator, A Certain Magical Index, Senran Kagura, Angel Beats, Bodacious Space Pirates, and Rosario+Vampire to start

chrisc1978

Re: New to manga

Post by chrisc1978 »

I tried Comixology, the only way I could read the words was to zoom into each page, what a pain in the butt.

I tried the Kindle app on my pc and android device and couldn't even zoom in to read the words.

Crunchyroll had the best manga viewer but nothing interesting to read but i just don't find it enjoyable looking at a screen and have to scroll along while you read each page because you have to zoom in so you can read the words, or at least thats how I feel.

Edit: I got my android device 3 months ago its a "fire phone" with a 4 1/2" screen, so before that I only had my pc thats hooked up to my TV, I wasn't about to go out and buy somthing I didn't enjoy first. I. Just never got around to buying an actual manga till last weekend.

Pilum Murale

Re: New to manga

Post by Pilum Murale »

With seven manga titles on your list,it looks like you're diving in! I'll admit to staying at the water's edge when it comes to manga. Here's the dirty little secret: many anime are the gateway drug to manga. Because I loved "Fruits Basket" and "Azu Manga Daioh" anime,I felt compelled to get the manga. I've read the first five volumes of "Rosario+Vampire",and its not bad,but the manga takes itself more seriously than the anime. I prefer the anime's lighter tone,but not all agree--check it out for yourself and see what you think.
'The Ancient Magus' Bride' is the first original manga I've read that didn't have an anime first(though that will change this August--check out the trailer for the OVA series--we're talking stupendous production values here!),and I can't recommend it highly enough. I hope you'll take a peek. I'm also reading 'Nichijou'--I've seen snippets of the anime and it's laugh-your-butt-off hilarious--so I'm supporting the manga in hopes someone will notice and get around to bringing it over.