Strike Witches manga

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
einhorn303

Strike Witches manga

Post by einhorn303 »

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... -sky-manga

As a huge Strike Witches fan, I'm looking forward to this immensely. The only hard part will be the wait. There's a lot of cool spin-off series down the pipeline. I believe their chronological order is:

Strike Witches: Tenkou no Otometachi (2008): An alternate introduction to the 1st anime season. Follows Miyafuji's training as a witch.
Strike Witches: Kimi to Tsunagaru Sora (2009): A bridge between the 1st and 2nd seasons of the TV anime, which follows the 501st members in the 6 months between their events.
Strike Witches Zero: 1937 Fuso Sea Incident (2011): Set 7 years before the 1st anime season. Stars a younger Mio Sakamoto in Fuso (Japan).
Strike Witches: One-Winged Witches (2011): Set in 1942, 1 year before the 1st anime season. Follows the Isle of Wight Detachment Group, including Lynette's older sister Wilma Bishop. I'm looking forward to this the most...the non-anime character are so cool!

"Witches of Africa" was also originally released as a doujinshi, but later serialized in Comptiq magazine. I'm not sure if Seven Seas will be releasing that.
Avatar: Rico from Gunslinger Girl. Art by Yu Aida (相田 裕).

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: Strike Witches manga

Post by Azrael »

Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Weertangel

Post by Weertangel »

Lets hope the manga is better then the anime,couse all the women in that series wear bloomers or skirt that reach to their belly, witch looks really stupid...

MrTerrorist

Post by MrTerrorist »

einhorn303 wrote:"Witches of Africa" was also originally released as a doujinshi, but later serialized in Comptiq magazine. I'm not sure if Seven Seas will be releasing that.
I would love see this published as well including Strike Witches: The Witches of Andorra.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

We're going to release the series in the order they came out. So the order on Wikipedia is a good indication of the order we hope to put them out in.

Titan

Post by Titan »

Strike Witches is literally one of my favorite shows of all time and their manga counterparts are brilliant. I cannot wait for this!
Thereupon he rose, beyond the pillars of Hercules.
The monstrosity erupted from Poseidon's grasp and held the fiery beacon.
Through pain a torture, the colossus lit the way for the weary travelers.
Beckoning their stay upon the shores of Rhodes, giving peace to those who suffer.

ricky87

Post by ricky87 »

Last edited by ricky87 on Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:39 am, edited 9 times in total.

Titan

Post by Titan »

ricky87 wrote:This- this is excellent news! More SW manga! More Suomus good
I wish they would make another manga honestly. The writers have a lot of opportunity to anyways.
Beckoning their stay upon the shores of Rhodes, giving peace to those who suffer.

einhorn303

Post by einhorn303 »

Titan wrote:
I wish they would make another manga honestly. The writers have a lot of opportunity to anyways.
Are y'all talking about this?: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... next-month

A new manga starring Eila was announced, which is starting this month. Which is really good, since Eila could use more character development, besides just being obsessed with Sanya all the time. And it's good to see the franchise rolling along with new series.

Titan

Post by Titan »

einhorn303 wrote:
Titan wrote:
Are y'all talking about this?: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... next-month

A new manga starring Eila was announced, which is starting this month. Which is really good, since Eila could use more character development, besides just being obsessed with Sanya all the time. And it's good to see the franchise rolling along with new series.
I can die happy now.

einhorn303

Post by einhorn303 »

I just finished reading volume 2 of Maidens in the Sky which came in the mail today.

Thoughts:

- This is somewhat fun as a "wacky shounen comedy" version of Strike Witches, though I'm glad the main series isn't like that. They even have Fourth Wall-breaking humor! The final chapter was like something out of Sgt. Frog. Despite the differences, I'm glad to get original content in this manga instead of just a rehash of the anime's plot.
- Plus, the "School Arc" and "Magical Girl Arc" bits at the end were hilarious.
- It seems like the 504th are getting a lot of push to be the new popular unit, so it's funny seeing them mentioned here from way back in 2008 (the volume's JP publication date). Was it planned even back then?
- You can tell this is from early in the franchise's development since Eila and Sanya aren't 100% lezzing out 24/7.
- I also wonder where Eila had those doll-sized EGL-like clothes? Is this the reveal of an embarrassing hobby?
- Suwa Goshiki is actually really cute. I want to stroke her fox ears.

Now I can't till next month when the "Sky that Connects Us" manga comes out. Yay, Helma-chan!