Seven Seas and the OVA Role Playing Game

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Seven Seas and the OVA Role Playing Game

Post by Ravenhull »

I followed the ad on today's VC page to the OVA Anime Role Playing Game Kickstarter page (and backed it, even without knowing about the following incentive). They say that Seven Seas has come in and will produce a suplement for the game which will allow us to play using Seven Seas characters. Now, I am assuming that this will be limited to the homegrown titles, and not any of the licenced titles, which is fully understandable. So, what titles are we likely to see in this? Roughly how much background info will there be, and might we see some stuff that we haven't seen on the pages of the mangas?

Looking forward to it.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Clay

Re: Seven Seas and the OVA Role Playing Game

Post by Clay »

Hey Ravenhull! OVA author here.

You're correct that it will be only Seven Seas in-house properties. The content will mostly be write-ups of characters using the OVA rules and any extra material pertaining to playing them. Right now I can only confirm Vampire Cheerleaders/Paranormal Mystery Squad as part of the PDF, but there's a good chance you'll see other favorites! I will be conferring with the creators while making this PDF, so there's also the possibility of some behind-the-scenes information not in the comic itself.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Cool. Thanks for the info, and hang around. :-bd
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

einhorn303

Post by einhorn303 »

Crowdfunding might be the wave of the future, especially for niche markets like anime and manga.

I think part of crowdfunding's real genius is how, with stretch goals, every backer has a concrete incentive to advertise it through word-of-mouth, social media, friends, etc.
Avatar: Rico from Gunslinger Girl. Art by Yu Aida (相田 裕).