A Certain Series continuation

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Akikun

A Certain Series continuation

Post by Akikun »

I was just wondering if the parent story of A Certain Scientific Railgun, A Certain Magical Index, is going to be translated. I would love to have the novels at home.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Re: A Certain Series continuation

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Akikun wrote:I was just wondering if the parent story of A Certain Scientific Railgun, A Certain Magical Index, is going to be translated. I would love to have the novels at home.
The Index novels don't really have much of a shot coming out here, sadly. The series is pushing 30 light novel at this point and the fans have already translated them all...and released free downloadable PDFs and Ebooks of their translations. We can't compete with that.

Akikun

Post by Akikun »

Too bad:(. I have read the fan translations. Also, the translation databases, such as BakaTsuki, will delete the translations if they are officially licensed, because of copyrights. Please do your best!

ProvidenceBreaker

Post by ProvidenceBreaker »

Index has a lot in common with current young adult fiction in the west, but the window of opportunity is practically gone with so many volumes to localize at this point. If it's any consolation, JC Staff will probably have the entire series animated before a localized novel release would ever be completed. You could pin your hopes on the more realistic prospect of the Index manga being licensed by Yen Press, but the pace at which it is being produced causes me to suspect that it will never be completed unless they switch to a weekly format or skip the bulk of the source material.

Weertangel

Post by Weertangel »

It truly is a pity that to read A Certain Magical Index we fans have to use the illegal scanned stuff :(