Jack the Ripper Hellblade 3: Printing Errors

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Terizent

Jack the Ripper Hellblade 3: Printing Errors

Post by Terizent »

There are several mistakes in the third volume of Jack the Ripper.

For a couple of pages, the English translation is over layered straight on top of the original Korean text.

Additionally, Avalon is spelled Abalon (I'm not sure if this was just the author's original mistake, though).

Also, there are no footnotes that accompany the asterisks.

The following Mediafire link goes to a folder of pictures that I took of the problems.
http://www.mediafire.com/?bekw7dolfrvyl ... ailcrdad7p

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Re: Jack the Ripper Hellblade 3: Printing Errors

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Everyone here at Seven Seas is terribly sorry about this. We looked into this matter and discovered that our letterer improperly saved several pages of the book AFTER the correct lettering files had already been proofread and approved by our editorial team. The changed files were not brought to our attention and the book went to press with two pages that had a transparency layer showing Korean text superimposed under the English dialogue and sound effects. We use a variety of letterers, but have now put a more stringent policy in place to prevent pages from being changed after they've been edited.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Seven Seas is committed to producing high-quality books, and we're embarrassed by any mistakes that appear in print, large or small. We hope these errors did not ruin your reading experience and we promise to get it right next time!

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Additionally, Avalon is spelled Abalon (I'm not sure if this was just the author's original mistake, though).
We kept the original lettering from the Korean book for that page. I've made a note of this and we'll remake the page for a future printing and the ebooks.

Also, there are no footnotes that accompany the asterisks.
The footnote is vertical along the inside edge of the panel...so depending on the binding, it might've ended up bound too far in. We'll move the footnote so it's horizontal above the panel.

Terizent

Post by Terizent »

Will you be releasing a second print?

If possible I would like to purchase a corrected copy once it comes out.