Witch Hunter status

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Dark-Merchant

Witch Hunter status

Post by Dark-Merchant »

I noticed some comics have been taken down today, one of which being Witch Hunter. It was just getting interesting (the first chapter was a bit of a yawn) and I really wanted to know what happened after that last page.
is it being discontinued?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Re: Witch Hunter status

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Dark-Merchant wrote:I noticed some comics have been taken down today, one of which being Witch Hunter. It was just getting interesting (the first chapter was a bit of a yawn) and I really wanted to know what happened after that last page.
is it being discontinued?
Sadly, we've had to conclude the webcomic run of the series early and take the page down. We will continue to have Lizzie Newton running through the end of volume 1, though.

Dark-Merchant

Post by Dark-Merchant »

Any explanation?
Less page views, too expensive for upkeep, too many complaints, artist quit, future content was questionable, etc.?

ForgottenAxiom

Post by ForgottenAxiom »

I just read Witch Hunter after buying it and I think it is because at the rate they were releasing each strip they would have taken at least 5 years to catch up to how far the story is in now.

MrTerrorist

Post by MrTerrorist »

That's weird. Anyway, is 7 Seas still selling the Ominbus Graphic Novels of Witch Hunter?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Stay tuned.

lordkevin

Post by lordkevin »

Thanks for the nice post...

Ashandorath

Post by Ashandorath »

Of course, to make things confusing, both amazon.com and bookdepository are listing the 7-8 omnibus (which wasn't there a while back), making it look like 7S is contuing the series, but I STILL can't find it under "licenses" on the 7S homepage, or for that matter anywhere (including the release schedule).

:/

Knowaname

Post by Knowaname »

I saw that the new volumes for Witch Hunter was posted on Amazon. But what I am puzzled about is why is the name changed to Witch Buster.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

After beginning publication of the series, we learned that another comic owns the U.S. trademark for the series title "Witch Hunter." This meant that we had to delay several of the books in the series until the matter was resolved.

I want to assure fans that the title change to "Witch Buster" only affects the logo/title for the series. The characters still use the terms "witch hunter" and "wh" in the context of the story, as they always have.

kamanx231

Post by kamanx231 »

so are the other volumes suckh as 5-6, and 7-8 still planned for release?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

kamanx231 wrote:so are the other volumes suckh as 5-6, and 7-8 still planned for release?
Book 5-6 comes out in October. We're working on licensing 7-8 now, which should be out in November.

Terizent

Post by Terizent »

Adam Arnold wrote:After beginning publication of the series, we learned that another comic owns the U.S. trademark for the series title "Witch Hunter." This meant that we had to delay several of the books in the series until the matter was resolved.

I want to assure fans that the title change to "Witch Buster" only affects the logo/title for the series. The characters still use the terms "witch hunter" and "wh" in the context of the story, as they always have.
That's understandable, like the Detective Conan/Case Closed title switch. Good to know that everything else will still be the same though.

MrTerrorist

Post by MrTerrorist »

Adam Arnold wrote:After beginning publication of the series, we learned that another comic owns the U.S. trademark for the series title "Witch Hunter." This meant that we had to delay several of the books in the series until the matter was resolved.

Ah that explains everything. Just like DC comics Captain Marvel is now called Shazam since "Marvel" is owned by Marvel Comics.

Strangely, there are still copies of the mawha that still have the "Witch Hunter"name. Does that make them a rarity now?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

I guess...? ^_^;