Seven Seas licenses Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry Blossom Pink

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Seven Seas licenses Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry Blossom Pink

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Seven Seas Licenses Milk Morinaga's Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry Blossom Pink Manga
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... pink-manga

Waterxlilly

Re: Seven Seas licenses Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry Blossom Pi

Post by Waterxlilly »

Awesome :'D With 'Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry Blossoms Pink' & 'Girl Friends' Licensed can we expect more yuri manga being released in english in the future too?
(For example, perhaps the wonderful works 'Aqua Blue Cinema' & 'Clover' by the lovely Hiyori Otsu? or the collection 'A knife edge girl' by Kikka Furutsuji?)
If so that'd be awesome >w<~~

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

More yuri? If the right series came along. We just like working on great manga.

Waterxlilly

Post by Waterxlilly »

Well there are plenty good series and collections out there in the genre ^ ^ like the examples I mentioned before, I just like the yuri genre more than the shoujo 'cause I can relate to it more like many other girls, and some people just read the genre because it tends to be cute ^ ^ and with drama when necessary, that's why I was curious about any more series possibly being released

bardsmanship

Post by bardsmanship »

This is amazing news, I can't believe there aren't more people cheering! IMHO, this is better than Girl Friends, which seems to be the most popular of her works so far. By the way, it seems like only the first couple of stories that were originally one-shots will be published, how about the continuing chapters for Hitomi and Nana that were released last year?

As for the "right" yuri series, I would suggest Octave (another great manga!), Hanjuku Joshi, Gokujou Drops and maybe even Nanzaki Iku's Ritsuko/Sayori oneshots (though those are rather explicit...). These are all rather popular series and should have a reader base.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

bardsmanship wrote:This is amazing news, I can't believe there aren't more people cheering! IMHO, this is better than Girl Friends, which seems to be the most popular of her works so far. By the way, it seems like only the first couple of stories that were originally one-shots will be published, how about the continuing chapters for Hitomi and Nana that were released last year?

As for the "right" yuri series, I would suggest Octave (another great manga!), Hanjuku Joshi, Gokujou Drops and maybe even Nanzaki Iku's Ritsuko/Sayori oneshots (though those are rather explicit...). These are all rather popular series and should have a reader base.
We're putting out the recent Japanese 2-volume rerelease, which is the expanded version of Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry Blossom Pink with the new chapters. Our edition will have the whole series in a single omnibus.

einhorn303

Post by einhorn303 »

Yay, I'm totally psyched about this. I just finished reading the 2nd Girl Friends omnibus last night...I loved it so much I immediately read it a second time! It was just so sweet and adorable and dramatic and aaaa, perfect. Too bad there's only 5 volumes, though this series will be a pleasant continuation in spirit.
Avatar: Rico from Gunslinger Girl. Art by Yu Aida (相田 裕).

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

einhorn303 wrote:Yay, I'm totally psyched about this. I just finished reading the 2nd Girl Friends omnibus last night...I loved it so much I immediately read it a second time! It was just so sweet and adorable and dramatic and aaaa, perfect. Too bad there's only 5 volumes, though this series will be a pleasant continuation in spirit.
Girl Friends takes its time to show that its a yuri series. Kisses is yuri right out of the gate, so it does make a nice transition/follow-up for readers coming from Girl Friends.