Publishing in Japan

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
trexking91

Publishing in Japan

Post by trexking91 »

After I read the page of this topic: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1808&hilit=submissions&start=240 , I was shocked.
Sorry if I'm always bothering you with this all the time, but I and, likely, many people would love to see a 7SE's OEL getting published in Japan, even if it is not the easier thing to do in the world. If Megatokyo and Dramacon were published in Japan, why not 7SE's mangas?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Re: Publishing in Japan

Post by Adam_Arnold »

The reason that Seven Seas' books haven't been published in Japan is largely due to the fact that we haven't ever actively offered them to any Japanese publishers. Sure, it'd be cool to see our books in Japanese, but what is really gained from it? Japan already has tons of their own comics, they don't need anything other than the top movie tie-in series (i.e. Batman, Superman, Avengers, X-Men, Buffy, Scott Pilgrim, etc).

trexking91

Post by trexking91 »

True, but USA also has tons of it's own books and receives tons of books from other foreigner countries. Sorry about my english.

BlueRose-Chan

Post by BlueRose-Chan »

I myself am an aspiring mangaka and am very serious about getting this job for myself in the future. I am considering all my options, and I was thinking of maybe publishing it with aeven seas entertainment as one of them. If that happens I would also like to be able to have the oppurtunity to publish them in Japan as well. So, what I am saying is: If Someday I actaully managed to get accepted by this company (hypothetically) and make my own manga series, if it was good enough would you all consider in the future publishing these works in japan? Even if it means I do the translating myself?

(Thanks, I was just wondering... ^-^)

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

BlueRose-Chan wrote:I myself am an aspiring mangaka and am very serious about getting this job for myself in the future. I am considering all my options, and I was thinking of maybe publishing it with aeven seas entertainment as one of them. If that happens I would also like to be able to have the oppurtunity to publish them in Japan as well. So, what I am saying is: If Someday I actaully managed to get accepted by this company (hypothetically) and make my own manga series, if it was good enough would you all consider in the future publishing these works in japan? Even if it means I do the translating myself?

(Thanks, I was just wondering... ^-^)
Anything is possible. It's more likely you could get your manga released in a Italian/Danish/etc edition, though.