Gunslinger Girl Omnibus Collection 6 Cover Art

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
KalasRaven

Gunslinger Girl Omnibus Collection 6 Cover Art

Post by KalasRaven »

I just saw that the company has made the decision to use one cover over the other for the 6th collection, containing volumes 13-14. It is the one with Rico on it. I, and probably many others would like to see the volume 13 cover used. It depicts Henrietta and is a red color, which is much more interesting. Also, as the collection of volume 5 is also a picture of Rico, it would be a better idea to use a Henrietta cover this time around.

Would you please consider changing the cover art to this?

Thank you!

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o32/ ... r13lsj.jpg

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Re: Gunslinger Girl Omnibus Collection 6 Cover Art

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Ultimately, it came down to what piece of cover art made for the most sellable cover for the North American market and worked the best with our existing cover design (i.e. the vertical title down the left side). I also feel very strongly that the art for book 14 is the most representative of the entire story arc as a whole (i.e. we see Rico, Jose, Jean, Enrica, and main baddie Giacomo Dante), whereas the book 13 cover art actually serves to tip the reader off to the end of book 13 before you ever get there.

That said, the Henrietta art will be used as the spine image for the 6th omnibus, so you'll get the best of both worlds.

kupa

Post by kupa »

KalasRaven wrote:I just saw that the company has made the decision to use one cover over the other for the 6th collection, containing volumes 13-14. It is the one with Rico on it. I, and probably many others would like to see the volume 13 cover used. It depicts Henrietta and is a red color, which is much more interesting. Also, as the collection of volume 5 is also a picture of Rico, it would be a better idea to use a Henrietta cover this time around.

Would you please consider changing the cover art to this?

Thank you!

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o32/ ... r13lsj.jpg
reupload it,i cant open that lnk... :!!

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Google "gunslinger girl vol 13" for the Japanese cover image.