What Happened to Captain Nemo?

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Kage Kazumi

What Happened to Captain Nemo?

Post by Kage Kazumi »

Reader,

Back in 2006 I came across this manga called Captain Nemo and quite enjoyed it. However, I never kept up with when the next Volume would be released and now 2012 I must ask what happened to this manga? Was it not popular enough...didn't make enough money or perhaps something more dreadful like the writer passed away?

v/Respectfully,
Kage Kazumi

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Re: What Happened to Captain Nemo?

Post by Adam_Arnold »

We had the artist start on volume 2 with a loose outline of the opening scene (i.e. the Marvel approach where you give a general breakdown and then write the dialogue later once the art is drawn), but we found that the book needed an actual script to go from to keep the story on track and within page count. However, Seven Seas got into Japanese licensing in a big way around then, and the book's writer, Jason DeAngelis (President of Seven Seas), simply found himself with a serious lack of time to focus on his writing. And then, simply too much time passed. If the series suddenly finds itself popular as an ebook, we might consider reviving it, so who knows.

You can see the first handful of pages from the unfinished Captain Nemo Vol. 2 on our website:
http://www.gomanga.com/news/unfinished_cnemo2_page1.php
http://www.gomanga.com/news/unfinished_cnemo2_page2.php
http://www.gomanga.com/news/unfinished_cnemo2_page3.php

Kage Kazumi

Post by Kage Kazumi »

I enjoyed Captain Nemo, but despise eManga and eComic Books and thus would not be interested in any eComic/Manga. Publishers are getting lazy and over using "e" versions.

So in short you don't plan on finishing the story in a physical copy.... -5 respect...

v/Respectfully,
Kage Kazumi

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

If we "did" opt to continue Captain Nemo, it would be in the form of an omnibus, most likely. There are no plans for such a release, though. Book 1 came out in March 2006 (6 years ago) and is loooong out of print. There's just no real interest in seeing the series be continued. If the book finds a new audience with our upcoming digital editions, then we might consider it.

Kage Kazumi

Post by Kage Kazumi »

There is no intrest because of the poor decisions and business ethics of Go Manga/Seven Seas. You try and make it sound as if it had a lack of intrest from readers, but the truth is they lost interests when you never released Vol. 2. Manga & Comic Books are not novels and you can't expect people to hang on. It failed because you failed...fact!

v/Respectfully,
Kage

MrTerrorist

Post by MrTerrorist »

So you just joined this forum to ask the guys of 7Sevens a reasonable question who respond with an understandable answer, only to insult them because their putting your favorite series on hold for now and are not gonna publish it in paperback format?

Whoa, that sure was (crossing fingers)"respectful"(crossing fingers).

Kage Kazumi

Post by Kage Kazumi »

So you just joined this forum to ask the guys of 7Sevens a reasonable question who respond with an understandable answer, only to insult them because their putting your favorite series on hold for now and are not gonna publish it in paperback format?

Understandable answer? You mean in the terms that forked over money for Vol. 1 and now they seem to not wish to finish it or care. I have every right to be made when companies basically "steal" money with no intent to finish said product.

MrTerrorist

Post by MrTerrorist »

Kage Kazumi wrote:

Understandable answer? You mean in the terms that forked over money for Vol. 1 and now they seem to not wish to finish it or care. I have every right to be made when companies basically "steal" money with no intent to finish said product.
And how are they stealing you? Did you pre-order volume 2 and it never came? No. Not printing your favorite book when you haven't even bought it is not ripping you off.
While i like Captain Nemo, there's a lack of interest for the series compare to the other popular titles that Seven Seas has.
Basically, Captain Nemo, while having a cool settings and characters, is not popular to get a continuation. So until Adam and Seven Seas wants to revive this series, in the words of a famous singer, Captain Nemo is Dead & Gone.