Blood Alone status?

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Re: Blood Alone status?

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Karharot wrote:
Adam Arnold wrote:The series changed publishers to Kodansha right after we had licensed 4/5/6 from Media Works for a singles release. We wanted to do an omnibus, but it just wasn't in the cards.
And all negotiations with them along with any chances of publishing further volumes of Blood Alone in English are still dead? :/
Thanks for the reply, if there will be ever any petition to Kodansha about you getting the rights to publish Blood Alone again you can count me in.
Kodansha doesn't have the rights anymore either.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... g-magazine

I hate to say this, but I wouldn't hold out much hope for the series getting a revival in North America. It's going to be hard enough just getting the Japanese editions.

Karharot

Post by Karharot »

Adam Arnold wrote:
Karharot wrote:
Adam Arnold wrote:The series changed publishers to Kodansha right after we had licensed 4/5/6 from Media Works for a singles release. We wanted to do an omnibus, but it just wasn't in the cards.
And all negotiations with them along with any chances of publishing further volumes of Blood Alone in English are still dead? :/
Thanks for the reply, if there will be ever any petition to Kodansha about you getting the rights to publish Blood Alone again you can count me in.
Kodansha doesn't have the rights anymore either.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... g-magazine

I hate to say this, but I wouldn't hold out much hope for the series getting a revival in North America. It's going to be hard enough just getting the Japanese editions.
There are no chances of negotiating this directly with the author (since I'm guessing the rights belong to him now)? He obviously has no plans of ever publishing it outside of Japan on his own so he shouldn't have any objections to it... Or am I missing something?

Weertangel

Post by Weertangel »

So this series is dead when it comes to publishing it then?
Even for Europe?

damag0r

Post by damag0r »

It's not like doujinshi collections have never been published in NA. I hope you guys don't give up on this series.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

damag0r wrote:It's not like doujinshi collections have never been published in NA. I hope you guys don't give up on this series.
The publisher change killed any chance of the series continuing in print.

Weertangel

Post by Weertangel »

Pity, will have to get my hands on volumes while i still have a chance then :s