Vampire Bund finish

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Windallion

Vampire Bund finish

Post by Windallion »

Folks,
The original run was slated for 12 issues. It appears we now have a least a issue 13 promised. Will 13 finish things for us, or will the dance go on?

Finihsed issue 11 about a week ago...very nice. I was taken by surprise at the end of issue 9. I thought I was getting a handle on that twist through issue 10, and then issue 11 went and pulled the rug out from under my feet again. Very clever plot devices. Looking foward to (at least) the next two issues.

I am also curious. Young Miss Holmes is supposed to have a crossover with Dance in the Vampire Bund. Can we get something a little more descriptive about that?

- Windallion
Take care when fighting monsters, that in the process you do not become a monster yourself. For when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Re: Vampire Bund finish

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Dance in the Vampire Bund is currently scheduled to run for 14 volumes, and there will also be another Gaiden side story volume called "Dive in the Vampire Bund 2."

Having just finished editing book 12's English script, I can tell you that they definitely need the extra chapters.

Young Miss Holmes is supposed to have a crossover with Dance in the Vampire Bund. Can we get something a little more descriptive about that?
Here's what I wrote in another thread:
Mina, Vera, and one of her maids all appear during "The Adventure of the Sussex Vampire" arc of Young Miss Holmes Casebook 1-2, where they play a big role in that story. There's also a 4-page epilogue that is drawn by Dance in the Vampire Bund artist Nozomu Tamaki. The story explains the backstory of one of the maids and features more of Mina's Pre-Bund early days, and it has a very important impact on Christie.

Touma

Post by Touma »

Adam Arnold wrote:Dance in the Vampire Bund is currently scheduled to run for 14 volumes,
Has Dance in the Vampire Bund finished its magazine run yet? Is it still scheduled for 14 volumes?
Do you have any idea yet when Seven Seas will publish volume 14?
This series is one of my favorites and I am really looking forward to seeing how it ends.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Touma wrote:Has Dance in the Vampire Bund finished its magazine run yet?
Right now, it's still running in Japan.

Is it still scheduled for 14 volumes?
We've been told it'll be 14 volumes, but that's always prone to change.

Do you have any idea yet when Seven Seas will publish volume 14?
May 2013.

Touma

Post by Touma »

Adam Arnold wrote:
Touma wrote:Do you have any idea yet when Seven Seas will publish volume 14?
May 2013.
That is going to make for a long, and probably very anxious, wait after volume 13. But since it is not finished in Japan yet it seems like you will actually be doing your release very quickly after the material is available to you.
Thank you for the update.